Saturday, October 06, 2007

Saturday

1. It's supposed to reach 88 degrees today. In October. I like sweatshirt weather--not just sweat weather.

2. My irises and lavender plants are reblooming! My roses look fab. How am I supposed to go shopping for pumpkins when the weather is hotter than Hell?

3. I like this new show on HGTV. Fun Shui. This feng shui expert decorator helps a couple out in a room they don't like. Last week is was an unrelaxing bedroom. Last night it was a dowdy kitchen. She says you're not supposed to have too many books in your bedroom--a lot of books create too much fire energy and it's not relaxing. Uncluttered . . soothing colors . . . photograps or decorative items placed in twos are calming for a bedroom. In the kitchen last night, she painted the ceiling red! Red? you say? Yes, red. I thought it would be god-awful, but with the other colors and some new appliances it looked fantastic. And did you know that the stove was one of the most important pieces of "furniture" in your home? It's where the family is fed and nourished. My stove is older than dirt and looks it. I want this stove
But before I get that stove, my whole kitchen needs to be gutted and redone. BP has told me that I am forbidden from watching HGTV ever ever ever again.

4. Today I'm doing my regular Saturday chores: laundry including bedsheets (I love sleeping on fresh bedsheets) grocery store and damn it, I'm going to sit my butt on the porch and read too!



4 comments:

schell said...

Emma, I wanted two stoves in one, like the one you wanted. I went for the side by side model....I thought it gave me more room. The only thing I didn't cosider, was how narrow it was. You can't even fit a square baking dish in it. It does come with a little cookie sheet, and is handy when the kids are making pizza rolls or chicken nuggets. I wish I would have gotten one like you want....although mine does have a wider stove top, which is nice. Maybe I like the one I have better. I don't know. Forget I said anything.

Anonymous said...

88 here too. although i wish it were a bit cooler, it is nice for going for rides and being outside while decorating. but i am kinda sweaty too.

Anonymous said...

"2. My irises and lavender plants are reblooming! My roses look fab."

Bloomin show off.

Anonymous said...

I'd suppose a red ceiling would look good for about two weeks, then something you would get tired of quickly. -blu