Thursday, October 04, 2007

Rock Hall of Fame

I don't know if rock needs a hall of fame--aren't rockers supposed to be anti-establishment, and besides music is a very personal thing either it speaks to you or it doesn't--but here are the most recent Rock Hall of Fame nominees:

Dave Clark Five (don't like them)
Ventures (who?)
Leonard Cohen (masterful)
Afrika Bambaata (evidently this is a person and not a group)
Beastie Boys (fall into the Dave Clark Five "don't like them" catagory)
Donna Summer (Yessssss! Love to love you, Baby!)
Chic (who?)
John Mellencamp (a genius, a nice guy, a Hoosier--need I say more?)
Madonna (the original Boy Toy)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ventures did the original Tequila I think. (Mostly, they did instrumental surf music)

Chic sang "Freak Out"

It's about time John Mellencamp made it in.

Jenny Robin said...

I like Donna Summer, John Mellencamp, and Madonna. I either don't know or don't like the rest of the artists' music.

mavis sidebottom said...

I only like dave clarke and leonard cohen

Waltzing Matilda said...

Hear Hear! On Mellencamp! He shoulda been in. But, the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame isn't always logical.

Anonymous said...

is disco rock?

jilly

Anonymous said...

Earth Wind and Fire are in the rock and roll hall of fame and I'm not sure that one would ever call that music

Britters

Anonymous said...

Britters anyone who likes savage garden has lost the right to cast nastushums on anyones musical taste

Anonymous said...

Don't look at me, I signed a petition for Warren Zevon to be nominated for the hall of fame. I love me some Zevon.

Anonymous said...

i like earth wind and fire, my mom listened to it a lot when i wass little. well okay, my parents together listen to almost anything sold in a music store.

jilly

Anonymous said...

Is Madonna not already in there? I vote in Paper Lace.