Sunday, February 18, 2007

Top Sheet/Monkey

LP had his friend Chace (sic) spend the night. When I went to bed they were in his room watching a movie Once Upon a Time in America. This morning when I get up they’re sleeping in the living room . .LP on the couch and Chace sprawled out in the big recliner. I’m guessing they came out here to play Xbox or something like that then just fell asleep. I’m letting their lazy butts sleep until 10 then I’m getting them up.
I’ll either make them eggs and bacon for breakfast, or we can go to IHOP. I’ll let them choose.

What’s on tap for today: I have to launder my sheets and pillow cases, and I have to vacuum, and clean the bathroom.

This just came to me: When we were growing up, we never had a top sheet. Just the fitted mattress sheet. I don’t know why. Maybe there were just too damned many of us to buy top sheets for our beds. I’ll have to remember to ask my mother. It wasn’t until college when I saw my roommate make her bed with a top and bottom sheet that I decided that two sheets was a good idea. Today, it would feel odd not using a top sheet.



--------------

It's the Year of the Pig!!! And I'm a monkey
Chinese Zodiac

14 comments:

Brenda said...

i am a pig! my time has finally come!

The Broards said...

oink! oink!

[[[[[[[[[[spidey]]]]]]]]

Anonymous said...

Oh I posted about the Year of the Pig on the main site before seeing it here. The whole top sheet thing - my mother would say that's a big no no - and to this day, I need a top sheet or else it feels just strange kind of like leaving the house without underwear. - blu

Anonymous said...

Although I was born in 1965 I am a dragon as the chinese new year doesn'r run conveniently from Jan to jan , so the sites that tell you that you are X because you were born in the year Y only work if your birthday falls after february if you have a jan/ feb borthday yuou need to work out what date the chinese new year fell in the year you were born or you may find you thought you were a snake but are really a dragon etc etc

Anonymous said...

conveniently blogger works out your chinese horoscope for you

Anonymous said...

i wanted to add i always had a top sheet. and i love flannel sheets in winter.

Anonymous said...

me too Spidey, mainly because I can't sleep w/ pajama bottoms on, I think I have a touch of restless leg syndrome and can't stand the feel of pajamas on my legs while I am trying to sleep. - blu

Anonymous said...

I am a Virgo Chinese Horse.

Which makes me difficult, intolerant and absolutely gorgeous, always.

Anonymous said...

I had to Google iHop, It said it was a Japanese chain, but I couldn't see any Japanese food.

It looks like a Dennys, when I went to the US we went to a Dennys once and had fab Key Lime Pie...so now I make it a lot.

Anyway, it doesn't cater for veggies much, unless you want puddings, so iHop is out for me.

The Broards said...

Sorry Clanky--yes IHOP is a breakfast joint--famous for pancakes. But what kills me--why would ANYONE put whipped cream and fucking fruit on PANCAKES???? Good ole plain real maple syrup is good enough

Anonymous said...

My mate has just arrived back from Tenerife, and says they eat pancakes there with cinnamon and freshly squeezed orange juice, and she says that is the only way to eat them, so I may try that for tomorrows pancake day.

Anonymous said...

Because whipped cream and fruit on the pancakes is abso-fricking-lutely divine.

And unlike Alex, I am firmly in the Year if the Snake.

Anonymous said...

http://www.suzannewhite.com/newastrology

Here is where you can match up your astrology sign with your Chinese sign.

If you have the inclination, that is. I personaly think it's absolute bollocks,but each to their own.

(Sorry, meant to put this on todays and not yesterdays blog) comments.

Anonymous said...

thanks for that tip, Alex...I knew that bit about my being good as a race car driver or matador didn't sound right.