Monday, February 19, 2007

2 Great Websites to Visit

If you either, A) don't believe in global warming, or B) don't care a rat's ass about global warning, read no further.


www.TerraPass.com

I learned about Terrapass through the Living with Ed HGTV show. Basically you pay a fee and it will reduce your carbon footprint. You can pay for your car, home and even the airplane trips you take. Terrific organization. I bought a TerraPass for both my house and my Lexus, so now I have negated my carbon footprint in those two areas. YAY

From their website:
The first step you can take to fight global warming is to reduce your carbon footprint through conservation. Drive less. Turn down the thermostat. Buy locally produced goods.
Then use TerraPass to reduce your carbon footprint all the way to zero.
When you buy a TerraPass, your money funds renewable energy projects such as wind farms. These projects result in verified reductions in greenhouse gas pollution. And these reductions counterbalance your own emissions.

Read the FAQs on their website--very interesting.


Another great conservation site is www.greendimes.com .
If you get a megaton of unsolicited credit card offers, requests for donations, catalogs, and other junk mail, this site will eliminate the junk mail you receive, and plant a tree for you every month. It helps save trees and water.

6 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

I don't believe in "Human generated" global warming. So I didn't read any further. Once I'd read that the three biggest volcanic eruptions (beginning with Krakatoa in the 1880s) put more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than all of humankind's activity since the world was formed 6,000 years ago, I gave up pretending that humans mattered.

Jenny Robin said...

If it were something to actually put on my tailpipe, it might be kind of a neat idea. This whole decal/sticker thing is just lame to me

Anonymous said...

I absolutely believe in Global Warming.

I am trying to save the planet single handedly.

Anonymous said...

clank said...
I absolutely believe in Global Warming.

I am trying to save the planet single handedl>>>>
By working for a walmart subsiduary company course you are dear

The Broards said...

Respighi,
The sticker is just the tangible "something" people receive for their money. You don't have to display it.


YAY Clanky!

Anonymous said...

I don't let anyone have carrier ags withut telling them they will take 500 years to disintergrate.

I have to earn an honest living, guv.