Wednesday, February 21, 2007

DVDs/Ice

I went DVD shopping yesterday. I bought two seasons of Fresh Prince of Bel Air for LP. He started watching it on Nick, and loved it (don't ask me why.)

I bought Chris Guest's For Your Consideration and will watch it this weekend. I just read Respighi's less than stellar review of it on her blog. Bitch. I'll still love it though. I love his humor and his ensemble of actors he uses.

I also bought Season 4 of Columbo. I've blogged before of my Columbo love.

------------

We have dense icy, sleety fog this morning! A 2 hour delay for LP's school. I'll let him sleep a little longer and I'll make coffee as soon as I finish here. I called in work and told them I'd be in late, after I drop him off at school.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still get a kick out of Fresh Prince of Bel Air--Will Smith is charming--just blamed charming.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I liked him too until he turned out to be some Scientology nut who thinks AIDS was spread by the government. (I saw him say that on an interview, he is very strange). - blu

Anonymous said...

...I don't understand how you can enjoy a mystery (Columbo) when you know from the start whodunnit!

The Broards said...

clanky,

i just adore Peter Falk. i like his twitches, and I'm old, so I tend to forget who the murderer was, PLUS sometimes they show you the murderer upfront and then it goes on to show you how Columbo outsmarts the crook

Jenny Robin said...

The first season of both Family Ties and Beauty & the Beast are also newly out on DVD.

Anonymous said...

...and strange or not, I'd do Will Smith.

He's on my imaginary list.

The Broards said...

jilly ha! I LOVE me some Murder She Wrote---but not so much Matlock
:-P

Anonymous said...

If I was related to Jessica Fletcher, I'd do meself in before anyone else got to me.

Anonymous said...

I like miss marple with joan hickson and hercule poirot with david suchet and since breaking my ankle I have learned to love jeremy brett as sherlock holmes , I am not fond of american whodunnits they are too bouncy and not gentile enough for my rather delicate nature

Anonymous said...

After watching David Suchet as Poirot, there is no other actor I can see in the role. I've been on a Christie binge--and see Suchet in my head as the character now.

Anonymous said...

There is a tv channel called Bonanza, it is an abscure one, but at 10am every morning it shows Sherlock Holmes from about 1910. It's fab.

UrbanStarGazer said...

The thing I never got about Murder She Wrote was . . . why does that woman have any friends? Everyone she knows either gets knocked off or has someone close to them knocked off. I wouldn't want to be her friend. Don't they see the trend?