Friday, September 08, 2006



The moon looked absolutely gorgeous this morning!


I have been cheating on BP.
For the last three evenings around 7pm I sit out on my front porch and wait for Mister Hummingbird to come by. Again, last night, he did not disappoint. There is a butterfly bush right near my front porch and hummers must love them too because this guy flew from long flower to long flower sucking nectar. Insatiable. At one point, it got about three inches away from my face and just hovered. I love looking at hummingbirds.
Although my garden looks pretty tired, it’s really alive with butterflies, moths, hummers and yellow finches. Yesterday evening a huge ass raven—it was as big as a cat!-- was bathing in the bird bath.
Oh, and the one-eared black cat that my neighbor Bill feeds and waters left me a present on my back porch. A dead mouse. I asked LP to get a shovel out of the shed so I could scoop it up. I saw Bill out on his deck so I told him that his cat accidentally left a gift for him on my porch. He laughed and said, “That’s okay….you can have it!”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your porch sounds like Nirvana
Lu

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

in the words of Ron Weasley that picture is brilliant!

The Broards said...

Orbie, I stole it from the Net..it's not a blurry EmmaWrites masterpiece

Brenda said...

hummingbird don't fly away fly away

you are right. the moon was gorgeous. i saw it at 5:30 am. It was a corn moon wasn't it?

Brenda said...

i am right. it was the full corn moon. In november there will be a full beaver moon. http://www.space.com/spacewatch/060113_moon_names.html
here is a link to all the names of the full moons. pretty cool.

schell said...

I hope Keith doesn't hear about the full beaver moon.

Anonymous said...

And a day or two after the Full Beaver Moon is the Shaved Beaver Moon.