Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bucky, Bobby and Albuquerquerequereeeeeeee

1. A man named “Bucky” on the FBI’s most wanted list just strikes me as funny.
They caught him yesterday. Apparently he has quite a loyal following.

2. I am listening to Bob Dylan’s Modern Times. Can you say “GENIUS”? I dare anyone to listen to "Spirit on the Water" and not a) tap her foot, and b) well up with tears. Maybe it’s my hormones. I looked on His website (I capitalize “his” because Dylan is God) trying to find the printed lyrics to Modern Times and they’re not up yet. I want Congress to pass a law making lyrics in CDs mandatory. I bought the “LIMITED EDITION” version with a bonus CD. I’m special don’t you know.
His voice is so powerful and melodic (shaddup Kath, I don’t need you saying “I like Dylan’s music but his voice sux.”) Keep your mean anti-Dylan comments off my blog. OR ELSE! ; )

3. Not much happening in the Writes household: BP’s in Albuquerquerequereeeeeeee, and LP stayed the night with Eric. They supposedly went to a football game. He should be home at noon and then he gets to mow the lawn and clean his room. We’ll see how that goes. Me? I’m doing errands today and washing clothes.

13 comments:

Meme said...

http://view.nowpublic.com/?src=http%3A%2F%2Fdavidleewilson.blogspot.com%2F2006%2F09%2Fbob-dylan-modern-times-lyrics.html

and next time www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

Sonya said...

I bought Modern Times, too, Emma. Wonderful stuff. He's coming to Denver next month but I think I am too old for a concert where you have to stand for the entire performance. If you play all three of his last albums together, it's like seeing the progression of his life from middle age onward. It makes me sad, but also happy.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I've seen Dylan a few times and it seems that the older he gets, the more articulate he gets. I could actually understand his words the last two times I saw him.

Tree -- You should check out the concert. The last 2 or 3 times I saw Dylan they were assigned seating concerts and they made sure everyone stayed in their seats until the encore, then they let people stand up and dance around and stuff. Not the wild general admission concerts of old.

The Broards said...

Mems,
You are brilliant. I'll email you a special picture to show my appreciation

Meme said...

Thats the last time I ever do anything nice for you BITCH

Meme said...

Actually while I was googling the lyrics I came across a news item saying sony had purposely not put out the lyrics and people were saying they had gone too far ands should be boycotted.None of the last 5 albums I have purchased have had lyrics with them and I find it bloody annoying,and theres one song on Down in Albion that you can;t work out the lyrics too no matter how hard you try even the lyric search sites have blanks and pleas asking what the words are.I think its got something to do with a pub called the fuselier and a half pint of tennants but I have no idea really I just sing la la la

Sonya said...

Urb, Dylan's playing at the Fillmore on Colfax and I saw him there a few years ago. There were a few seats on the periphery, but in the main part of the room, we had to stand up the whole time. Drunk girls were throwing up and passing out...tickets went on sale yesterday and they're already gone.

The Broards said...

Dylan played at Purdue a few days ago. I've seen him twice in concert-- years ago. One time he was quite drunk and loopy and I was pissed. But I forgave him. I'm thinking of inviting him to my home for a sit down chat. Do you think he'd come?

I agree with Tree...I'm too old for concerts. I think I'd deck the teenager who vomited on me

Meme said...

Do you think he'd come?

NO he hates cats and hummingbirds

Anonymous said...

I'm not anti-Dylan; last I heard, Dylan was anti-everyone-else. : )

Sonya said...

kath, if you listen to his last three albums, you'd know that wasn't true.

Anonymous said...

That's not quite the impression I got from his interview in Rolling Stone, Tree...http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/11216877/the_modern_times_of_bob_dylan_a_legend_comes_to_grips_with_his_iconic_status/print

Sonya said...

Yeah, but you can't argue with the music. No misanthrop could have written those songs!