Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday

It got very cool overnight—down in the 40’s. It’s refreshing outside now and I turned off the air conditioning.

Today’s chores include the ever-present laundry and straightening up the kitchen.

I have to go to the grocery for:

1. Dawn dishwashing liquid. (I’ve tried them all and Dawn wins hands-down. It even cleans plastic food storage containers like Glad or Rubbermaid.)
2. Olive oil
3. Laundry detergent
4. Large trash bags
5. Milk
6. eggs
7. bread and English muffins

This evening is Girls Night Out. We started it a few months ago with only four of us, and tonight we’re expecting around 15. We’re going to this local Mexican place for margaritas and dinner. It should be fun!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma, I believe Dawn is what they use to wash oil off rescued water birds. It's my favorite, too.

Anonymous said...

i vote for dawn too in getting off the stuff like spaghetti sauce.

schell said...

I, too, swear by dawn.
That's all you have to buy at the grocery store? How often do you go?
Girls night out sounds like fun. Can I come?

Jenny Robin said...

Dawn is so fierce on fighting grease and grime that my dishes shiver with fear whenever I place them near the sink.

In fact, on most days, it is just enough to get them in the kitchen before all the leftover bits of food disappear into thin air. I almost never even have to use any of the dish soap due to this. And so, I have been working on the same bottle of Dawn for the past 12 years.

Dawn is magical.

Anonymous said...

so emma. do you have a hangover? you are pretty quiet today. did you have a little too much of mr tequila?

Anonymous said...

so emma. do you have a hangover? you are pretty quiet today. did you have a little too much of mr tequila?

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I would buy Dawn, but I am still working on the industrial size dish soap I bought two years ago at a discount place. -blu

Anonymous said...

i don't do the dishes so i don't know or care what's in the kitchen. i like the clorox any surface spray for the stove and counter though.

i love to buy new bathroom cleaners, i have half a closet full. for some reason, i clean the bathroom, mainly the toilet obsessively. it just makes me feel better for some reason, and always has. i can no longer get on my hands and knees and clean the floor or scrub the tub out like i like too. i don't really prefer one cleaner over another, most of them seem to be about the same.

kaboom makes a lovely toilet cleaner where you pour a bunch of powder in and it foams up and you let it sit, then flush the toilet and it's magically clean all by itself. it's good for the passive cleaner.

jilly