Sunday, September 09, 2007

Emma: Bird Rescuer!




I wasn't even going to go out and work in the garden today because it's so freaking humid. Plus it rained about two inches yesterday. But I wanted to cut down some coneflowers and move some gay feathers and Shasta daisies. As I was finishing up I noticed some nearby rustling. I looked down at the Black Eyed Susans that had gone to seed and saw a female yellow goldfinch. Its' wing had gotten caught in the thorny seed and couldn't get away. After talking to it for a minute and asking if it needed my help (she did,) I went to get my camera and gardening gloves. I gently held it and disengaged its wing from the seed and branch, and it flew across the street and in my neighbor's tree with nary a "Thank You" or a "Howdy do."

8 comments:

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

"nary a "Thank You" or a "Howdy do.""

I am certain she is thanking you from a safe distance just like her mommy taught her :)

schell said...

I think that since she didn't even thank you, you should have shot her with a bb gun.

Brenda said...

the little ingrate!

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bert Bananas said...

I bet you looked totally awesome in your mask and cape.

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, the drama! -blu

Clank Napper said...

Emma Doolittle.

Anonymous said...

at least she didn't peck you or poop on you

jilly