Thursday, March 01, 2007

March/Cinnamon Scone/Doe's

March is coming in like a lion. We've got a full blown thunderstorm here: complete with thunder and lightning. Ugh.

Update on yesterday: We bought tax lady Judy a cinnamon scone and received a bigger refund than anticipated. Don't think the two events are related. With having to prepay quarterly estimateds, we just never know how much we'll receive/have to pay.

Oh! Judy's family's originally from Little Rock. I mentioned that my mom, sister and I might make a trip there this spring to go to Bill Clinton's Presidential Museum, and she lit up. Another Bill fan! Evidently Bill has an upstairs apartment on property that he stays in whenever he's in town. She gave me some tips on restaurants. . . . especially one named Doe's. It's a little hole in the wall, but a Little Rock icon and a Bill hang out. She said that her ex husband was one of Bill's good friends and they hooked up with Bill on several occasions. No, I didn't ask her to define "hooked up."

8 comments:

Clank Napper said...

I'd do Bill ?Clinton. For free.

The Broards said...

Clanky,
I'd fight you for him.
Did I tell you that I shook hands with him (twice) at a Book Expo.
Our eyes met and we knew we had to have each other, but alas, it was not to be.

Anonymous said...

Even now Bill has to be thinking, "Whatever happened to that Lexus drivin', handbag totin', book buyin' gal from Indiana. You know, the one that smelled of foxglove and garlic cloves. God, how I'd love to piddle a good Dutch Master round and round her hoo hoo."

Ded

Clank Napper said...

I bet you never washed your hands for a week.

Jenny Robin said...

Jilly, how on earth did you get a 10K tax refund? Do tell! I wants me somma dat.

Bert Bananas said...

Jillykins, you've had an offspring? If you didn't name him/her Bert/Berta, I'll cry a river of tears.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Ick ick ick

Anonymous said...

Bert, uhm, no, she's pregers, now...maybe you should read her blog....