Monday, February 26, 2007

19 Time Loser



This is movie sound mixer Kevin O'Connell. He was nominated last night for Apocalypto. he lost to Dreamgirls. He's been nominated 19 times, he's lost 19 times. Poor thing. Story.
"How many people win an Oscar? How many people get nominated for an Oscar in their life? It's insane, just to be part of that is an incredible feeling, so I don't get discouraged."
From CBS:
For each of his nominations -- starting in 1984 for "Terms of Endearment" up to his most recent, for "Memoirs of a Geisha" in 2006 -- O'Connell has penned an acceptance speech, all of which are tucked away in a drawer at home.
"Some of them are written on the back of a business card, some of them are written on the back of a napkin," O'Connell said ahead of Sunday's Oscars. "I collect memorabilia, so it's become an extension of my hobby."
He has also framed and mounted each of his 18 Oscar nomination certificates. "I don't have any space left on my wall now," O'Connell said. "But there's still plenty of space on my mantlepiece!"
Maybe next year, Kevin.

No comments: