Wednesday, February 28, 2007

No Work/Errands

I am taking off of work today. BP and I have an appointment with Judy, our tax lady this morning. Then he and I are going out to lunch and do some errands.

I went to my bank yesterday and asked about the George Washington dollar coins. They said they didn't order any and the only way they'll get them is if a customer brings them in. The nerve! So anyway a friend went to buy stamps at the Post Office and the lobby machine gave him dollar coins as change. So I guess I'll do that. I saw the coin live and in person yesterday and it's quite pretty.

In May the Post Office is raising the price of their first class postage stamp to 41 cents.

Oh! That reminds me . . I have to get passport applications for all of us.

9 comments:

Clank Napper said...

DON'T get me started on passport application forms.

The Broards said...

Clanky,

I tried to look online to see if I could download them. I don't think you can . . that bites.

I think it's stupid that from now on you have to show your passport before you can reenter the country. DUMB.



BY the way, NO Ed Begley is NOT related to Jerry Springer!!!!! (Smack yourself, please) He's a character actor who has been around a long time

Meme said...

ed begley will always be that bloke form st elsewhere to me, Where are you going that you need a passport anywhere exciting?

Anonymous said...

This is The Nagual speaking:

I notice that some of these blaaahhgs do not allow anonymous comments. Why is that?

I'm not sure who BP is but I really don't like the name.

George Washington was like some sort of superhero.....now we have George (the 'nucular' chimp) Bush.....Pathetic.

What's up with Schell. The other night I read her blog going as far back as it goes. Sounds like real trouble with the boy....she hasnt posted since a week ago.

That concludes this transmission.

Bert Bananas said...

Emma, if you really cared about the environment, you wouldn't visit a foreign country, what with all the carbon emissions that commercial jet airliners spew. Better you all should ride bikes to Kentucky.

The Broards said...

Mems,
We might be going to London!! And I'll make a pitstop to your region and free Basil of the dreaded cone.


Naggypoo!!!
Hi! I miss seeing your name in the BookShelf--some don't accept anonymous comments to cut down on spam. Please don't talk about Schell on my blog. I'll get jealous that you love her more than me. If you want to email her about something you read on her blog, do so at Schell37@aol.com

Bert,
If you weren't so uppity, and you'd read the main comments page, (we all have a secret agrrement to be "nice" there now) you would know that I can buy a Terrapass for an airline ticket too-

The Broards said...

PS Naggy, "BP" stands for Big Puddin, who is my husband (given name: Don)

Bert Bananas said...

Emma Dons BP....

UrbanStarGazer said...

Do you really think that's the realy Nag?