Sunday, February 25, 2007

Me, Badgley Mischka, Wolfgang Puck and Uncle Harry



I watched the tape of Saturday Night Live. It was so awful even Rainn Wilson couldn’t save it.

I went grocery shopping at Meijer’s and bought kitchen-can sized garbage bags, big trash can sized garbage bags, scrubber sponges, milk, eggs, rye bread, jalapenos, pineapple, mango, organic grape tomatoes and a Wolfgang Puck cheese pizza which is in the oven right now. I’m the only one home, so I doctored-up the pizza. I added snipped fresh rosemary, crushed pepper flakes, roasted red peppers, oregano, and sliced garlic,.

That’s me in my Oscar night Badgley Mischka dress. I’ll be borrowing twenty million dollars in jewels from Harry Winston . . . or a Winston from my Uncle Harry. I forget which.

This is my awful secret: I don’t want Jennifer Hudson to win Best Supporting actress tonight. She probably will, but I’m sick of her. I’m sick of seeing her on every magazine and television show. Enough already. Same thing withHelen Mirren. I love her but I want Meryl Streep to win for Devil Wears Prada. She’ll give a funnier speech than ole Helen.

I hope Ellen DeGeneres is funny. I love Ellen, and I’m excited to see how she’ll fill out her tuxedo,

I wish I had some Poppycock to eat during the show. You know Poppycock? Butter Caramel/Toffee corn with nuts? Yum.

In the dress department . . . . Who will be this year’s Bjork?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

About Jennifer Hudson... I didn't see the movie, but it seems this type of role tends to win Oscars... just because they can sing... I am not sure if that's right or not. (I think LaKisha Jones blew Hudson's "And I'm telling You" away... I am not a big fan of Hudson's voice). - blu

PS. I really do have a dress just like that, I look a bit different in it though...

Anonymous said...

I just saw Hudson on 20/20, she seems so sweet. Stop picking on her. - blu

UrbanStarGazer said...

Make your own caramel corn. It'll be waaaaay better!

UrbanStarGazer said...

p.s. I assume this means the Academy Awards are on tonight?

Anonymous said...

I hated the book also, Jilly, but Meryl Streep made that movie worth seeing. As usual, she was excellent. What an actress, continued success role after role. - blu

schell said...

I love me some poppycock.

Anonymous said...

I didn;t like that beige dress with all the feathers was it penelope cruz or soemone she looked like she;d mugged bjork for her frock

Clank Napper said...

I'll be Bjork. I could do with some kookiness right now.

Presuming Bjork is still alive that is.