Thursday, February 08, 2007

Text Twist & French

Verbie mentioned that she's a Text Twist junkie. Schell plays, and I know that evil Respighi (highlighted in orange, you'll notice)plays because she's the one who got me hooked on Mah Jong. Do any of you subscribe and pay a monthly fee? I don't. I just play the online version, but I'm tired of getting the same words over and over. It pisses me off though when I don't get the six-letter word and my points go to zilch. I get all the other words, just not the six letter one, and I'm still screwed?

LP will ask me what's the big fascination with Mah Jong or TT. It puts me into a semi trance like state sometimes and then I'm not even playing the game anymore--I'm thinking about work and solving problems, or making lists in my head. I've thought of terrific stuff to try at work when Mah Jonging! Maybe when one part of my brain is concentrating on a repetitive game, the creative part is free to wonder.

When I was going to the Shelf, lots of people (Miss Pink Votary, Jaded, and Mems, I think) sang the praises of literati. I tried it a couple of times but it didn't float my boat.

I've tried most of the other online games on that site, but TT and Mah Jong are my favorites.

-----

On another note, I'm scouring the Internet to find a good site to learn French. I've got a bee in my bonnet about visiting the south of France and I figure I'd better learn the basics first.
Cornwall is also my list. St Ives and Michael's Mount. I saw a Samantha Brown special about Cornwall and when the tide is out you can walk across the water on this stone path to get out to Michael's Mount.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I play this stupid game on yahoo games thats one of those get rid of the blocks games i have been playing t for abut a year and have never got past level 9 but its like popping bubble wrap to me just clicking and making the blocks vanish.It's called jts blocks

vq said...

So what's your high score in TT? I've never busted through 200,000. Probably because Dave gets mad and says, "Good god, are you going to play that thing ALL NIGHT?"

Last night I got the same word two times in a row. Sucks.

The Broards said...

I think my high's around 180,000

Brenda said...

i accidently posted my gaming reply to your previous post but yes, i play. qwerty is one of my favorites. i have played TT. if anyone wants a free 2 week pass let me know and you can play for awhile for free.

Jenny Robin said...

Shaddup, Emma, I haven't played online games in months and months. I was addicted to Gold Miner Vegas for a while, and some aquarium game before that, but since my addiction to watching Stargate has hit, I've been spending more time watching DVDs than on the 'puter.

BTW, I played Harry Potter Scene It with my family last Sunday and was not impressed.