Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Lunch Time Reading and Dead Sea Salt

First the weather: It's colder than a witches tit and sometime this afternoon we will get between three and six inches of snow so I'm bringing along my snow boots to work.

I've finished the Underground book and pronounce it worthy to read. This lady at work has organized a Read-in for Black History Month during lunch time. For the next couple of days volunteeers are doing fifteen minutes readings from their favorite books by black authors. Everyone seems to be doing I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, or How Stella Got Her Groove Back, or MLK, Jr. I Have a Dream Speech. I think I'll go for Chris Rock's Rock This! lol.

Last time we were in Vegas one of those kiosk men (you know . . in the malls they have kiosks set up which usually sell sunglasses or engraving, things like that) reeled me in to try this lotion. It's called Sea Spa. Damn does this stuff smell nice. I bought some hand cream and some foot cream. I ran out of hand cream a long time ago and am now using the foot cream on my hands. The stuff is made in Israel and has some Dead Sea salt in it. http://www.sea-spa.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you look in tkmaxx they quite often have sea spa stuff in or they do over here

Anonymous said...

So, what are you doing for the read-in?

The Heart of a Woman is actually my favorite by Maya Angelou. There Eyes Were Watching God is also a worthy read by a black author.