Saturday, January 13, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine


Tree reviewed this movie when it was out in theaters. I just watched it this afternoon, and I loved it. The casting was perfect. I've loved Toni Collete ever since Muriel's Wedding and she's so good in this. Alan Arkin. What can I say about him? He's absolutely fantastic in everything he does. (I loved his rant about having chicken for dinner, and his advice to his grandson "fuck as many women as you can. Not just one woman, but many women. I'm telling you fuck as many women as you can!") I thought Steve Carell would bomb playing this dark, suicidal character. I wondered if he could pull it off . . if I'd see Michael Scott in his performance. But he's a very versatile performer and very good in this. The kids who played Olive and her brother were terrifica as well. Greg Kinnear was right on target too.
I noticed the guy who plays obnoxious Hodges on CSI played a sympathetic part as the pageant musical director. Little Miss Sunshine gets an A.

No comments: