Sunday, January 14, 2007

What this winter's been so far

Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain
I'm getting a feeling for how it would be like living in the Pacific Northwest
My yard is saturated and I haven't even made it out to the birdfeeders to put fresh sunflower seeds in. What's the use? It'll get all wet and caked together anyway.

Ice is on the way! Blech. I saw some pictures of ice-covered automobiles in Oklahoma. It looks bad. And dangerous. Apparently Oklahoma has for-shit weather: Either it's dry and dusty, rainy and tornadoey, or sleet and icy. My sister and B-I-L used to live in Stillwater and she said I'm right on target.

I'm going to try and go to the grocery store before this afternoon. I need bread and kosher salt. What a combo.

I'm glad I don't have to work tomorrow.

Oh, I sent an email to Ed Begley telling him I enjoyed his new show (Living with Ed, in case you didn't read my post about it) and to be careful up on the roof. He emailed me back with:

"Thank you so much!

You made my day.

And, I promise I’ll be careful up there!

Ed"


It's on tonight at 10, and his guest star will be Jay Leno. I used to like Leno, now I detest him, but I'll still watch Ed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's going to recycle Jay Leno?

Anonymous said...

I met Ed Begley, Jr. when I was in the 8th grade. I had him sign a copy of a St. Elsewhere screenplay that I had. I should blog about how I came to get the screenplay. It is mildly interesting.

We've had crappy weather here, too. It's been raining since Friday and sleety a bit earlier today.

Drive carefully!

Anonymous said...

Day four of below zero temps here. I am so cold. It's the fourth week of snowfall, too. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

We've had this cold (for SoCal) weather for the last couple of days! I was forced to bundle up yesterday on the golf course! Outrageous!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Emms, I will try and wear at least a sweater today*** xoxox Lubee