Friday, January 12, 2007

An Evangelical to watch . . . become the next scandal


This is Stephan (sic) Munsey. I was flipping TV channels and landed on some Christian broadcasting on the Lesea Network. This yahoo is so very strange looking--much different from this photo. He has a dramatic combover, very puffy and blotchy face and eyebrows that looked as if they were lifted by a bad cosmetic surgeon. Anyway, he was preaching on the "Harvest Show." He wants people to call in and pledge 77 dollars a month for ten months. Supposedly great things will happen to you if you do his bidding. He isn't even a captive speaker like some evangelicals. He used poor grammar, with long pauses between words. Every five minutes or so, he'd cock his head and listen. Then he'd say that he was speaking to a specific someone "out there," but he didn't know to who(m). But God was telling him, to tell us, that if we'd call and pledge (even though Satan may want to hold us back) $77 a month for ten months that we would A) be healed, or B) know financial gain, or C) find the mate we longed for. wtf?
I looked him up on Google and his church is in upstate Indiana in a small town called Munster and from this picture he evidentally used to have a fundraiser and requested people pledge FORTY-NINE dollars a month for ten months.
Anyway, he's a scandal waiting to happen. Trust me on this. Why do evangelical Christians (some are probably intelligent functioning adults) fall for people like this yahoo? He was like a train wreck. I wanted to look away, but couldn't.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is, you're in love?

Anonymous said...

My grandmother used to give money to various yahoos like this.

She's Southern Baptist, what can I say?

Anonymous said...

I am sending my$77 and hoping to get all three

The Broards said...

Bert,
me love him long time for $77 a month

Waltzing Matilda said...

I don't suppose he ever said what he wanted the money for?

Brenda said...

i am sending 77 dollars to myself to see what happens.