Sunday, July 09, 2006

Lazy Sunday

What a lazy Sunday. I slept until 9. Got up and made coffee and watched Samantha Brown on Little Palm Island resort in Florida. I love Samantha Brown. If I wasn't so incredibly sane I'd be her stalker.
Then I cleaned out the cat's litter box, and dusted. As you all probably know by now, I hate dusting. I've instructed all those who live here, including the cat, not to shed or molt or leave their skin particles around so that they'll drift onto the television, coffee table, etc.
I'm thinking of getting one of those ionizers. They're supposed to cut down on dust AND freshen the air. Probably a gimmick though.
I had leftover Special Rice for lunch and a piece of hot pepper cheese. My Diet-that's-not-a-diet is going pretty well. My clothes are loose and I can pull down this pair of jeans I'm wearing without even unzipping and unsnapping them. Only 300 more pounds to go and I'll be rail thin with a huge head like the Hollywood Lollipop Girls Nicole Richie and Mary Kate. Maybe they'll invite me to go clubbing with them!
Anyway, I watched part of Columbo on the Hallmark Channel. I'd seen this episodet fifty million times before (it was the one with Anne Baxter as a movie star who wanted to kill a gossip columnist-writer and ended up killing her assistant instead) so I turned off the TV and went out and moved some plants around. I dunno. They looked pretty sad when I dug them out and replanted them. I watered them in well so maybe they'll make it and maybe they won't. Eh.
Instead of reading my semi-intellectaul Mockingbird book, I took the current National Enquirer out on the porch. Stedman Graham, don't you know, is considered writing a Tell All about his and Oprah's long affair. The gossip is that they are splitsville but Oprah is depositing HUGE amounts of money into his bank account to buy him off and shut him up. One of the Super Secrets that Stedman is set to spill? OPRAH IS A DIVA and expects everyone to AGREE with her or GET OUT! She wants to be waited on hand and foot. You'd never know this if you watch her show
(--0---0---)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is much more fun to read the Weekly World News. Who can resist stories like "SAN FRANCISCO HIRES NUDE WOMEN TO PROTECT GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE"?

Anonymous said...

Every nude woman I've met has been a diva, wanting 'it' her way.

Meme said...

what mockinbird book?

Brenda said...

i like bob and bob.

The Broards said...

Meme,

The book is called Mockingbird by Charles J. Shields. It's a biography of Harper Lee. One thing I learned thus far: She and Truiman Capote were not cousins. I'd always read that they were. They were just childhood friends. Like Dill, his mother would drop him off in Alabama for the summers.