Saturday, July 08, 2006

What's on the agenda

Friday: I got my teeth cleaned ( a shoutout here to my gummy buddy Schell). They had this new dental assistant, Teresa, who did a nice job, but before we started she proclaimed, "I do things a little differently from the rest of them. No spit bowl. Hardly anyone uses a spit bowl anymore."

We had to go the vaccummed suck-tube route. I hate that thing. I WANT MY SPIT BOWL. It gets more crap out of my mouth. So, Teresa be damned, I used the freaking spit bowl anyway. Well, a combo spit bowl and suck-tube thing. She was very thorough and told me to "turn this way" and "turn that way" while I tried to watch Pink perform on the Today show. Are you a spit bowl person or a suck-tube person?

After the cleaning I went back to work for a few hours before I had to take LP to the orthodontist (sometimes that job just interferes with my life.) They're overly friendly at his ortho's loudly addressing the waiting room every twenty minutes with a cheery "I've just made some fresh coffeee! There's juice and herbal tea if you prefer! Enjoy!"
I forgot to bring my book with, so I read two People magazines (one with newlyweds Nicole and Keith, and one with country stars Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.) So, two People magazines, and two Woman's Day magzines each stating on the cover that you can lose UP TO FOURTEEN POUNDS IN A WEEK!. LP finally emerged before I had to start on the Seventeen magazines.
LP and I had a bigass argument on the way home because he's grounded and insisted that I treat him like an adult and let him go outside for a "few hours" tonight. No. Grounded means grounded and NO. "That's messed up." "I said I was sorry!" "So I just have to hang around the shitty house all damned weekend??!" Sigh. Yes, that's what it means dammit to hell.
Weeded, mowed the lawn last night, and watered my containers.





Saturday: Weatherwise it's going from incredibly wonderful in the past two days to very humid. You know, the kind of weather where you step outside and your skin wants to slide off. I might go and see The Break Up today--depends. I got my B& N order yesterday and I started on Mockingbird last night. It's a biography of Harper Lee and it's good so far.
Spideybunny: I also ordered another Lucy book...this one is by Jess Oppenheimer who was partly responsible for the success of I Love Lucy. I'll let you know how it is.
Also today I get to do laundry. YAY. It seems at times that the washing machine and I are joined at the hip. I need to gas up the car too. (Meme look away now). Are yo uall aware that gas prices leaped yet again? Around here it's 3.06 a gallon. As Bp so elequently puts it, "thieving bastards!" ha.

That's all for now. I'm finishing my coffee before it gets cold.

8 comments:

schell said...

Thanks for the shoutout!
I prefer the spitbowl also, but the girl I had this week just vacuumed. I'd much rather give it a good old fashioned spit. Plus, then you get to see the stuff that comes out of your mouth.

Meme said...

I went to see pirates of the caribbean part 2 and jolly good it was too,I ca't be arsed to blog at the momentm my mojos gone missing again

The Broards said...

You need to tie that mojo down

I am Heidi's Mom. said...

Emmmmma, I am definitely a "spit over suck" person and I love the photos of da garden. I love a good garden, roses and herbs are my garden.

Thanks for the books for soldiers. My daugher, Heidi (that's her pic at the top of the blog page) is in Afghanistan. An Army medic, Heidi works on a PSD, personal security detail for a colonel and is sorta in charge of HA, Humanitarian Aid, for her detail. What this really means is mom back home harrassing her friends and family to send stuff and spending $$$ on postage. It's what I do to keep from going crazy.

Miss all of you guys and would certainly love a reunion. However, it looks like blogs are a reunion of sorts??

The Broards said...

Hi KiM,
Bless Heidi's heart. I hope all is well with her!

UrbanStarGazer said...

I'm a spit bowl person. The suck tube always leaves my teeth feeling gritty.

You're lucky that LP still listens to you! Many kids his age would just go anyway and suffer the consequences. He's a good boy.

The Broards said...

"You're lucky that LP still listens to you!"

He DOES???? Oh, good. I'll tell him :)

Anonymous said...

Keri, Good to hear from you again. Suprised we haven't run into each other anywhere! Hope all is well. Lubee