Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Putting your virtual pet on your blog

Helping the less fortunate:

First you have to decide where you want your animal to show up on the blog. Initially I made the mistake of putting the code at the bottom of the template code, so Bob & Bob showed up at the very end of my blog. You had to scroll all the way down and they were hanging at the end. Hanging at the end can be painful. So I decided the best place would be after my blog profile. So here’s what you do:

Go to the Adopt a Virtual Pet Link.
Adopt your pet.
Press finish and it will take you to Step 3 in the process.
Cut and Paste the entire code in the box that’s marked “if you are using MySpace, Friendster or Freewebs”
Now, sign onto Blogger.
Click on your blog and go to Template.
Scroll down about ¾’s of the way past all the gobbledy gook . . .Blogger header, post, comment ,
You should see something like this:

$BlogMemberProfile$

!-- End #profile –

After that line press Enter a few times to create a few blank lines.

Now Paste in the Virtual Pet code that you Cut

Now press Save Template Changes

Now Refresh your blog and then Bingo-Bango, your Pet Appears!

9 comments:

Brenda said...

thank you for your help emma

schell said...

Thanks Emma...now I have Ruby, the plum hedgehog.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Dang you. I went to that site to do this and chose a purple monkey but didn't do it . . . now that I see you STOLE my idea, I'm glad I didn't. :-P

So, what's the gig man? The reason I didn't do the pet thing is that I couldn't figure out what it was for. What less fortunates I would be helping. Granted, I didn't take the time to search the website to figure it out but since you're being a fount of information . . . :)

Meme said...

if the blogs get any more twee I shall have to buy a vomit bucket and put it next to the computer for when I read them

Anonymous said...

I bet you named your pet rock, didn't you?

UrbanStarGazer said...

(tapping foot . . .) I'm waaaaaiting . . .

Anonymous said...

I think Urbs should get a Virtual Pet and name it Bingo-Bango.

Anonymous said...

Bingo-Bango-Bongo is a gambling format in golf. Or so I've heard.

The Broards said...

Urban
I forgot your question