Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Freaky, Thy Name is Nesta

As I type, the cat is going freaky. She is running (like a bat out of hell) from the kitchen into the living room, jumps on the sofa, crawls along the back of it, jumps behind it, runs the length of it, comes out from beneath it, zooms by me back into the kitchen, runs around the table, and zips back past me into the living room and starts the cycle again. It's fascinating to watch and I wish I had that much energy.
Last week BP bought the book Catwatching by Desmond Morris at a used bookstore for a quarter. Now I'm reading it. It's a very easy read, with chapters like: Why does a cat purr, How large is a cat's territory, what does a cat signal with its ears . . .
Here comes the tornado again, but wait. She's plopped herself down in the middle of the floor near me, stretched out with her stomach exposed.

5 comments:

Jenny Robin said...

Pet the kitty belly.

Pet the kittttty belllly.

Meme said...

stop; it ,it's bad enough the bloody blog is green but now cat stories as well , you monopausal bitch troll

sparky said...

Thats very kittenish behavior. This old no name wouldn't consider wasting energy on such foolishness, She only runs to the counter for more canned food about 8 times a day and then its back to resting in one of 3 or 4 predetermined warm spots in the kitchen . Nesta sounds fully recovered from the spay job . Nice cat . allan

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

and you think this is odd, why?

Beanns37 said...

Monkee doesn't have as much room to run around since I live in an apartment but she does the same thing- runs from the living room down the hall to the bedroom, jumps onto the bed, gets all squirrelly attacking the comforter runs back down the hall into the living room, attacks whatever toy she finds laying on the floor and back again. And it's not the age, Monkee was 10 in November, it's catness. :) I love it when she does that, cracks me up.