Thursday, February 07, 2008

So I'm watching TV and flipping channels from Survivor (YAY--the disgusting Jonny Fairplay was the first one to get voted off) and Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?
The player was a PhD candidate and she was up to the $500,000 level with one question to go and if she got it right she'd be the show's first millionaire.
The subject was U.S. History. She'd always liked history so she risked her $500,000 for a chance at the millionaire.

"What US pilot was the first to break the sound barrier?"

Hell, I'm screaming at the TV "CHUCK YEAGER! CHUCK YEAGER!"
And she's thinking out loud, "Lindbergh was the first to cross the Atlantic. And Amelia Earhart was a woman pilot. . . . umm......"

Me: CHUCK YEAGER! CHUCK YEAGER, YOU ASS! CHUCK CHUCK BO BUCK BANANA FANANA FO . . . "

Contestant: And Howard Hughes had the Spruce Goose . . . .ummm. . . . I'll lock in Howard Hughes.

DAMN!!

I want my million dollar check.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

the check is in the mail.

the PhD must have really stood for Post Hole Digger.

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Well I am still hooked on Lost and a few more things are kind of a little more clear now, but if it doesn't get moving I may have to bail

all the flash forwards stuff is messing up my mind... I was just glad to get the Kurtz reference

mavis sidebottom said...

sometimes I watch university challenge with sam and tom and they know more answers than the students its a worry

schell said...

That always happens to me, especially on 1 vs 100. But, I'm sure if I were there, I would lose on the second question.