Saturday, February 09, 2008

Of Bagels and Filing Cabinets

My new favorite bagel is the EVERYTHING BAGEL--Garlic, poppy seed, sesame seeds--which, granted, isn't everything, but well-toasted and smeared with real butter or a good plain cream cheese, it's pretty damned good. I enjoyed mine with coffee. My breath will smell like garlic all day, but I think it's an okay trade off.


OHH!!!! I FORGOT TO TELL YOU!! BP finally got rid of his rusty old ugly van! I told him that the insurance was coming due for it and since he drove it less than two times the whole of last year that it was time to get rid of it--sell it, give it away, something. Last week he came in smiling, all pleased with himself. He told a guy he knows that he was getting rid of the van. The guy reconditions filing cabinets and tables so BP traded the crappy van for a not-so crappy 4 drawer filing cabinet and two small stainless steel tables he'll user in the basement. I'm thrilled to have that eyesore out of our driveway and he's thrilled he got a "deal."

3 comments:

Clank Napper said...

Well done you. My friend tells me the bagels in the Uk are trash compared to the US.

schell said...

Everything bagels are Braden's favorites too.
Congrats on the van.

Brenda said...

i have had the everything bagel from big apple bagels and i liked it too. however, just sesame is my favorite.