Sunday, February 03, 2008

Happy Sunday! I'm enjoying my coffee despite the fact that Nesta Kiki Marie is swirling around my feet.

Oops, just a minute . . . .

Okay, I'm back. I went to the bathroom and then turned off the coffee maker.

Chores to do today:
1. Vaccuum our bedroom! It's long past due.
2. Watch The Soup which I recorded last night.
3. Go to the store and buy milk and other stuff


I'm reading Shirley MacLaine's new book Sage-ing While Age-ing. (Spidey, you might enjoy it too) I've always been a big Shirley fan. Her movies, and her books. I admire her courage to believe what she believes (reincarnation, extra terrestrials, etc.) despite ridicule from Western thought.
In this book she discusses her physical body aging, her friendships with Stephen Hawking and some NASA astronaut (I forget his name right now) who had metatphysical experiences on his way home from Earth from the Moon.
She also throws in some celebrity tidbits like the time she told mobster Sam Giancana to "Fuck off!" because he badgered her to eat some spaghetti.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

i will check that book out. thanks.

i read some of her earlier books.
Out on a Limb specifically.

schell said...

I know you could care less about the superbowl, but there's going to be a commercial with live gnomes. I'll think of you when it comes on.

The Broards said...

WHAT???? Live gnomes? Advertising what?

Anonymous said...

i love shirley, she believes some odd stuff, but doesn't push them off on others (unlike the scientologists) and she's a lady.

jilly

Jenny Robin said...

Do you ever read my blog?