Wednesday, August 08, 2007

more about not having a toilet



In two more hours at least the toilet will be in. That’s the new tile around the toilet and that’s the box our new toilet came in.

I have a Sweet Husband story: Last night I went to bed around 10:30 and at 2 I woke up and had to pee. BP told me when I went to bed that he’d bring up the portable toilet from the basement. At 2 he was still working and I announced, “I have to pee! Where’s the portable toilet?” He said that it was way in the back of the coal bin area and couldn’t drag it out.
Me: I have to pee!
BP: Do you want to use a bucket?
Me: No. It’s 2am and I don’t want to pee in a bucket.
BP: Put your shoes on and I’ll drive you over to the rental.

Our rental house is still unoccupied until the 15th and it’s only three blocks away so we went out and he drove me over to pee. I thought that was very nice of him. He said he didn’t want me out groggy and driving at 2am with a full bladder (ha)
Someone please remind me of this sweet act when I post something bitchy about him.
He’s in the living room now watching an episode of CSI and then it’s back to working on the toilet/bathroom.

When I came home from work earlier, I saw a melted cup of a cookie dough blizzard from Sonic (it was LP’s) so I instinctively poured it down the drain. From the basement I heard a frantic “DON’T PUT ANYTHING DOWN THE DRAIN! DON’T PUT ANYTHING DOWN THE DRAIN!!!”
I had forgotten that he had the water off and some piping disconnected and the blizzard crap spewed out all over the basement floor.
YOU try not dumping things down the sink, or not peeing in your own home and you’ll understand my predicament
.

14 comments:

Clank Napper said...

What a thoroughly decent bloody nice chap.

Jenny Robin said...

why the fuck would anyonoe ever buy a house that only has one bathroom?

UrbanStarGazer said...

You only have one bathroom?

Anonymous said...

Listen, Fuckers. LOTS of OLD HOMES ONLY HAVE ONE BATHROOM. Back in the old days people couldn't afford master suites and spa bathrooms and had to make do with houses with one shitter.

Now pipe down about my house having only one bathroom.

My new toilet "PREFERRED BY PROFESSIONALS" (it says so on the box) was up and operational at 10:32 pm last night.


--emma

schell said...

BP is a great guy. However, I can't believe that you'd rather get up, get in the car and drive a few blocks, go to the toilet, drive back home and get back in bed...all at 2:am rather than just pee in a bucket. I'd take the bucket every time!

Anonymous said...

Schell,
Need I remind you that I'm on my period. Have you ever changed a tampon squatting over a bucket? Get back with me about that.


-emma

Anonymous said...

my mom informed me that i will never be able to sleep through the night without getting up to pee at least once again.

jilly

Jenny Robin said...

EMma only has one bathroom! Emma only has one bathroom!

schell said...

Okay, I just tried it. No problem.

Anonymous said...

one bathroom = one toilet to clean.

The Broards said...

Respighi, you made me snort


shaddup, Schell

Anonymous said...

I like your tile color.
P.S. The trend now is just starting to turn away from those McMansions toward smaller, more effecient houses.
-T

Anonymous said...

I have never renovated a house; but invariably, when I KNOW the electricity is off (due to lighting, hurricanes, crispy critters, whatever), I will instinctively go into a dark room and flip the light switch (and of course, nothing happens). Then, when the power comes back on at 5 am on our day off, everything electrical in the house comes back on...

UrbanStarGazer said...

Instead of redoing this bathroom, you shoulda had BP build you another.