Friday, August 10, 2007

"And I helped!"

I helped BP lay tile yesterday evening—if handing him the tile squares and occasionally cutting them constitutes helping.

He has to grout today, and cut accesses for drains.

I’m glad it’s Friday.

It’s been hotter than Hell here all week—and humid. One step outside and I feel like a wet washrag.

But last night I bought an Entenman’s Honey Bun that’s the size of a small child’s head and I will be enjoying it with coffee this morning at work.

BP and I went to Meijer’s grocery store after work last night and supposedly bought groceries, but we came home with shit like:

Stouffer’s frozen entrees
FeBreeze room spray
Shampoo
Tampons
Bags of Flaming Hot Cheetos
Yogos fruit snacks
Cheese
Some hard pumpernickel bread shaped like a brick that BP found on the “international foods” aisle.
Frozen steak and cheese taquitos
Sunny Delight six pack
Paula Deen magazine
And two shitty DVDs: Man of the Year and something else

and, of course, the aforementioned Honey Bun

We spent over one hundred dollars in the grocery store and didn’t get anything remotely healthy

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good to me. sounds like a grocery trip with bigjoe.

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me when I check out with my groceries, pay a huge amount, and then come home and have nothing to eat. - blu

Jenny Robin said...

I make it a point never to buy more perishable items than I can carry upstairs in one trip. I'm fat and lazy, and I'm just NOT going to walk up and down to/from the 3rd floor more than once.

Clank Napper said...

You would be surprised how healthy your shopping is. Ketchup has unlimited tomatoes in. Stew tells me every time he opens a tin of cider that there must be 20 apples in a pint of it. And sPEARmint chewing gum has to have at least one pear per stick. So you are incredibly healthy.

The Broards said...

RESPIGHI HAS TO WALK UP THREE FLOORS!!!!RESPIGHI HAS TO WALK UP THREE FLOORS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Um, and how does Stew know these things?

UrbanStarGazer said...

Scout's favorite junk food are Flaming Hot Cheetos -- she goes berserk for them.

Is the hard pumpernickel bread really dark? Almost black? And very dense? A Russian friend of mine brings this dark almost black pumpernickelish bread that is so damn good. You eat it with butter, a light sprinkling of salt and maybe some thinly sliced onions or some green onions sprinkled on. It's fab. Absolutely fab. It's dense and chewy and yummy.

Paula Deen magazine? Did you get hit on the head?

I need to go grocery shopping.

Anonymous said...

when i go to the store by myself we only get food. if i take someone with me, we end up with 500 pounds of charcoal and two years supply of papertowels. i don't understand it.

jilly

Jenny Robin said...

ROFL, Emma,
but....

I HAVE TWO BATHROOMS
I HAVE TWO BATHROOMS!

Clank Napper said...

Rosa, he absolutely makes them up.

Anonymous said...

why does one person alone need 2 bathrooms?

jilly

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who read the title of the blog and thought, Shake and Bake?