Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sick Day

I called in sick today.

So far I've taken LP to summer school, cleaned the tub, sink and toilet, washed two loads of laundry, Cometed my kitchen sink, threw away four old shampoo bottles that had a third or less of product, watched The Closer I videotaped last night, cuddled the cat, and cleaned and refilled the birdbath.
All that before noon.
I hope I feel better.

Do you clean your own carpets? How much is something like Stanley Steemer to clean one room of carpet?

4 comments:

Waltzing Matilda said...

Emma, it depends on how big the room is. It's by the square foot.

schell said...

Isn't saying you "cometed" the sink the same as saying you "office" with someone?

I hope you relaxed for at least part of your day off.

Anonymous said...

my mom is a die hard comet user. she's also of the mind that you can't clean the toilet or bathtub without getting on your hands and knees and scrubbing it by hand.

i like the clorox spray for any surface, kaboom for the toilet, methods hand soap, palmolice dish soap, arm & hammar laundry soap and febreeze dryer sheets.

jilly

Anonymous said...

I scrub bathrooms and toilets on my hands and knees too. I also do the same with floor tiles.

It cost £18 to hire a carpet cleaner for half a day and that includes all the shampoos and stuff. I would imagine the airfare for the cleaner from UK to US would probably be a lot more :oD