Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Momisms

What's the most "Mom" phrase you use (or have heard from your Mom) on your kids?
You can answer if you are a Dad too.

Recently, I have been saying "you're cutting off your nose to spite your face" a lot.
I've also been known to say, "Be nice to people while they're still here to be nice to," "Don't piss away your education . . . 99% of the kids in the world would love to have what you have."

I think it goes in one ear and out the other.

My Mom used to warn us of crowded places and shoplifters, "They'll knock you in the head for 50 cents!"

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself saying speak properly and hold your knife and fork properly , an awful lot

Roger said...

"You snooze, you lose."
R

Anonymous said...

let's see, i say "stop whining" about 400 times a day. I also find myself saying "act your age, or i'll treat you how you act" almost as often. Third most often is "i told you so" or "you're right, i was right, funny how often that happens." i suddenly feel bad for baby been

jilly

Bert Bananas said...

Guess where I'll knock you, for free!

Anonymous said...

Don't run with those scissors mister

Anonymous said...

close the door! where you born in a barn?

Anonymous said...

"oh well, sucks to be, you, doesn't it." I don't think I'm very maternal.

CatBoy said...

I find myself saying, "Where the Hell did I put my Xanax? My kingdom, my kingdom for a Xanax."

Clank Napper said...

"For Gods sake, stop whining. It's driving me mad"

Are girls worse whiners than boys?

britters said...

"that's the pot calling the kettle black"
"you are OLDER, you are supposed to set an EXAMPLE"
"if I only picked up what belonged to me and cleaned up what I dirtied I would have an easy life, wouldn't I?"
"waste not want not"
"if they were jumping off of bridges, would you jump off of a bridge too?"

Clank Napper said...

Hahahaha! I loved the bridges one! I forgot my mum saying that all the time.

She alsio used to say "Wait til you father gets home"

Mostly, he would come in, then laugh.

Anonymous said...

Rosa, I say that all the time too. There's a very good chance my children will smother me in my sleep one night.
-T

UrbanStarGazer said...

Don't wish your childhood away, you'll regret it when you're an adult.