Monday, April 30, 2007

Garden Work/Crappy Movie

It was a beautiful weekend so we worked outside a lot.
BP went to his Mom’s on Saturday and did some work for her and brought back his backhoe bucket so he could “repair” it. He and LP had a heckava time getting it off the trailer. Don’t ask me how he’s repairing it. I somehow think that his lathe will play a part in it.
Yesterday we went to Menard’s with the trailer and bought loads of mulch, landscape fabric, potting soil and bags of river rock.
I Rounded-Up an area, put down landscape fabric and moved the bird bath onto bricks I had “pinwheeled.” (BP advised me to do it this way) then I surrounded the area with the river rock, and man does it look good! Those lucky, lucky birds. Later I saw a blackbird, a robin, and two goldfinches enjoying a dip and drink.
I also ripped up a bunch of ivy (I thought of Urban) and cleaned up the bed in front of the porch. Since Ded hasn’t answered my buddleia bush question, I attempted to dig up the old bush. I trimmed it back almost to the ground and dug and dug and then it was “fuck this noise.” I’ll try later; if I don’t get it all up I’ll just place a few big stones on top of the stump and call it a day.
I ordered three dwarf varieties of buddleia from a website yesterday and I’ll plant those in the clean up bed. I think they’ll do nicely.

Last night after The Amazing Race, BP and I watched Stranger Than Fiction. He had seen it before and he insisted I see it. He loved it; I thought it sucked major ass. You ask how can a movie with Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson, Queen Latifah and Will Ferrell suck major ass? Well, it can. The only non-boring part was Maggie Gyllenhall. It had a good premise, but was excuted very poorly. I’d give it a D-.

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Ded answered your question.

I cleaned some windows and worked on declutter.

As for TAR, I guess I will have to root for Charla but not Mirna. After I watch, I walk around talking in a weird accent, treating my family as though they were stupid. "Ah, mathematics book. Very important for your life!"

Anonymous said...

my friend insisted i see TAR a few times b/c mirna and charla are from her neighborhood and the taller one goes to my friend's gym. anyway, the taller one seemed to do everything but was nasty to everyone around her and acted like an american pig. i hope they don't win. i was astounded that they were like "wtf are we going to do with a boat" when they won boats. they live on the bay for pete's sake, everyone but me has a boat. that's why i stopped watching it.

jilly

Anonymous said...

i decrapped my flower bed and removed some old bushes that were beyond their time. my lavender appears to be dead. :( i also cut back my climbing rose bush that doesn't seem to have made it through the winter. i am deciding on annuals at this point and filling in with wood chips. our front yard needs a major overhaul. i have big dreams for my rock garden and pond. so much work, so little time and money.

Anonymous said...

Emma, I liked that movie a lot, I think you have to watch it again :P
Beanns

UrbanStarGazer said...

A gal at work recommended that movie. It looked good in the trailers but I haven't seen it yet.