Thursday, March 15, 2007

"Where are you Kiki Marie?!!"

Yesterday we had a violent lightning/thunderstorm which lasted from about 6pm into the night. I swear we got 2 to 3 inches of rain. Anyway around 8 LP asked me where the cat was. I didn't know so, we started looking for her. We looked EVERYWHERE. She wouldn't come when we called. She wouldn't come when I shook her food dish. She wouldn't come when BP open and shut the baseement door (she loves to go exploring down there when he goes down there to smoke.) She wouldn'e come when I sprayed room deodorizer (she always comes out from wherever she is when an aerosol can is sprayed.)
I got the sinking feeling she may have run past LP when he opened the front door when he came home at 7. She's done that before but she always just jumps up on the bench to get a good view of my birdfeeders. I looked outside on the porch. No cat. I called. No cat. I looked around the house (as far as I could without getting wet.) No cat.
Then BP called out that he found her. We had looked under every piece of furniture in the house except the green chair in the living room. BP lifted the chair and there she was looking scared as hell. She slunk slow and low away until I scooped her up. That thunder must have scared the bejezus out out of her. Poor lil Kiki Marie.

-----

After being in the 70s yesterday, this morning it's COLD outside! But the rain's supposed to stop sometime this afternoon. Good!

I'm taking today and tomorrow off of work. Next week I'm leaving for a business trip to Orlando and I'll be gone for five days.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats good you wont have to miss me when I have no bb then

The Broards said...

Mems, I'll miss you--BB or no BB

Waltzing Matilda said...

I thought the cat was named Nesta?

It's supposed to turn cold again here tomorrow. :(

Anonymous said...

whatever will i do without you emma?

Anonymous said...

Hey if you get some time. Give me a shout. We can meet for dinner.

Lubee

The Broards said...

LuLu,
I'd love to, but I'm afraid my days will be filled with visiting NotFanDoreen and I'll be spending my evenings with Kale having Grand Slams at Denny's

Roger said...

"Grand Slams at Denny's" - lady, you got class.

R

Bert Bananas said...

What if Doreen and David met and fell in love? And blamed you?

schell said...

Have a good time, Emma.

Clank Napper said...

When I holidayed in the US, we went to a Dennys once and I had Key Lime Pie. It was scrummy.

And now I make it all the time in the summer so that people think I am an expert cook. I tell them it takes hours of preparation, and that I can't give out the recipe as it is a family secret.

The Broards said...

"What if Doreen and David met and fell in love? And blamed you?"

But their perspective "life partners" would celebrate with glee!

Anonymous said...

Emms, I could probably recommend better places than Dennys***
Have a safe trip.

Catz said...

have a safe trip,emm. you won't be too far from me.


poor (((nesta)))

Catz said...

ps...
it would've been interesting to meet you. be safe.