Monday, March 12, 2007

An Homage to Dead Comics (Part 1)

Mitch Hedberg:

--When you go to a restaurant on the weekends and it's busy so they start a waiting list, they say, "Dufrenes, party of two, table ready for Dufrenes, party of two." And if no one answers they'll say the name again: "Dufrenes, party of two." But then if no one answers, they'll move on to the next name. "Bush, party of three." Yeah, but what happened to the Dufrenes? No one seems to care. Who can eat at a time like this? People are missing. You people are selfish. The Dufrenes are in someone's trunk right now, with duct tape over their mouths. And they're hungry. That's a double whammy. We need help. "Bush, search party of three. You can eat once you find the Dufrenes."

--I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi. Some one needs to tell the turkey, "Man, just be yourself." I used to draw you.

--Every book is a children's book if the kid can read!


--I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down.

--If carrots got you drunk rabbits would be fucked up.

--I bought a doughnut, and they gave me a receipt. There is no need for that, man. I'll just give you the money, you give me the doughnut. End of transaction. We do not need to bring ink and paper into this. I cannot imagine a situation in which I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. Some skeptical friend: "Hey man! Don't even act like I didn't buy that doughnut! I got the documentation right here...damn...I forgot it at home... it's in the filing cabinet...under D...for doughnut."



Richard Jeni:

“I think that's how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough, let's go west.'”



Sam Kinison:

--There's no happy ending to cocaine. You either die, you go to jail, or else you run out.

--Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the Fuck out of everybody!



Lenny Bruce:

--A lot of people say to me, "Why did you kill Christ?" "I dunno... it was one of those parties, got out of hand, you know." "We killed him because he didn't want to become a doctor, that's why we killed him."

--I hate small towns because once you've seen the cannon in the park there's nothing else to do.

--If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed outloud at the receipt for a doughnut.

Bert Bananas said...

I'm really going to be sad when Homer Simpson dies. Last night Abe Simpson said, "I was voted the best kisser in my POW camp."

Emma, did you watch Family Guy last night? It was a wonderful homage to President William Jefferson Clinton. I was thinking of you the whole time...

Anonymous said...

This is The Nagual speaking.

I actually watched most of that animated Fox stuff last night..and the "hilarious" new show called The Winner. although it barely seems possible Fox is really sinking in the intellect department. I was wathing the countless attempts at bathroom humor and just shaking my head....

The "daring" new show made this joke "i've got AIDS". Apparently its a standard in each episode since in a "special bonus episode" the joke was "she's got Herpes".

Ah well....for every Nagual they lose in the audience they will pick up two Berts.

The biggest problem with the Family Guy was ...it wasnt funny. Of course they tried hard with a whole plot about the dog crapping on the lawn...and brought it all home with the sheer hilbilly (republican) hilarity of Adam West eating dog crap. I'm taking bets that Bert taped it all if you want to see it.

The Broards said...

No, I don't watch the Family Guy. I mean, really, William Jefferson Clinton humor? Talk about non-topical! Apart from American Idol, I don't watch Fox and I try not to buy products that are advertised on it. Roger Ailes is of The Devil.


Although I loved Rob Cordrry on The Daily Show--he aint no Steve Carell.

Is Liz mourning the bumping of Rob and Amba off The Amazing Race?

Bert Bananas said...

Emma, so THAT'S why she was so bummed Sunday night, while I was giggling and hiccuping and wondering, "how can they say that?"

I'll buy her a card...