Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring Forward/Blogger/Early Digging

Daylight Savings Time. Blech. I've changed four clocks, have several more to do plus my VCR. Please. Someone remind me to do this before I want to tape something.

After many many months on Blogger, I finally figured out how to put my own links on the page. Applaude me. My tip would be: If you 're going to do a lot of links, periodically save the template, because sooner or later you'll forget and nagivate away from that page and OOPS your changes and hard work will disappear.

It looks absolutely gorgeous ouside today. Here's my problem: I want to dig up a butt load of catmint and a ratty overgrown hyssop plant/bush and replace them with some other stuff. I want to do the digging now because the grounds been so wet that I figure they'll come out easier. But I don't know if I want to go through the hassle just yet. Really, I have to go to Menard's first and get some big bags of soil. So there's my problem.

Oh! Yesterday I bought a 2007 Farmer's Almanac Seasonal Gardening Guide and it has some good articles: Luther Burbank and His Passion for Plants, Global Warming and Your Garden, The Enchanted--and Enchanting-World of GARDEN GNOMES, The Queen of Herbs (I'll let you guess what it is. Hint: It's one of my favorites.) It was $4.99 well spent.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am guessing Basil.

i want to garden too but there is a buttload of snow on the ground.
i can't wait till my lavender starts blooming. i want to buy a bunch of bark and fix my front yard. my rock garden is a mess. my pond is a mess.
it is supposed to be 50 here today. the walruses on my glacier driveway have left. that is a good sign!
my atomic clock had to be tricked into keeping the right time. it doesn't know DST started.

Anonymous said...

i am guessing Basil.

i want to garden too but there is a buttload of snow on the ground.
i can't wait till my lavender starts blooming. i want to buy a bunch of bark and fix my front yard. my rock garden is a mess. my pond is a mess.
it is supposed to be 50 here today. the walruses on my glacier driveway have left. that is a good sign!
my atomic clock had to be tricked into keeping the right time. it doesn't know DST started.

Anonymous said...

good god. this is out of control. something is funky with the publish botton. my apologies.

Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as an enchanting world of garden gnomes. There is a tragic, get a life world of garden gnomes, is that the one you mean?

Anonymous said...

you have to ignore clank she's been very anti garden gnomes since she was mistaken for one while working behind the help desk at the english wally world in which she is employed. I had told her thew jaunty red hat and the durdle frock was a fashion faux pas in someone of her height but she woukdn't listen she was too busy bragging about how her child had written a novel to make anna karenina look like a mills and boone

Anonymous said...

....and don't think I don't know who anonymous is.