Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm one not much for football

"Our" Indianapolis Colts are going to the Super Bowl. Good for them, but I don't understand rabid sports fans. How does it better their lives if a team they like wins? It's like they have a personal investment in it. Oh well, Peyton Manning seems like a good sort of fellow. Not unlike another footballer long time ago who seemed handsome and nice until he sliced his ex wife's neck to the point of almost decapitating her, and killed a guy who was just doing a good deed for her. I hope better things for Peyton's family.
Friday it was "wear Colts blue at work." I didn't. Call me odd but I didn't want a huge horse shoe in the middle of my chest.
Our dumbass governor put this gigantic blow up Colts footballer up on the lawn of the Governor's mansion. Talk about looking like Trailer Trash. I'll post a picture if I can find one online.
--------
UPDATE: The appraiser came yesterday, was an hour and ten minutes late, stayed for three minutes and snapped six pictures, and left. Not two hours later LP threw a pair of his dirty socks on the living room floor. I picked them up by the non dirty part and put them in his bed, not on his bed, in it.

NOTE: This post is pictured in nearly "Colts Blue."

4 comments:

Waltzing Matilda said...

Are you making double payments or has real estate values gone up?

Emma, those socks are going to be in LP's bed until they get funky enough to walk out by themselves!

Catz said...

"Emma, those socks are going to be in LP's bed until they get funky enough to walk out by themselves"


been there! done that! yuck!

sparky said...

you can still get a fixed 2 percent morgage? I had thought interest rates had gone up somewhat . I'd go for it jilly if you can get it as one of these days things will again turn around and interest rates will go up in the 8 / 9 and 10 percent range of the Carter Years ( maybe they went even higher, i forget ) ak

sparky said...

now that you mention 20 percent I think I remember back when the econnomy was in a real mess in the late 70s 17 percent . I bought this house at 8.5 percent in 76 before they went sky high . That , at the time was considered good . I never refinanced over the years because i had only borrowed 20 grand on the house ( i paid something like 24 thou for the house) I had a 25 year mortgage so my monthly payment was low . I think initially it was something like 400 a month and that included the property taxes. The mortgage ended in 2001 and that was the end of it . Now I'm mortgage free . ak