Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sing It Sister

BP is in Arizona on business so LP and I are going to my oldest sister’s house today where she is hosting a cookout. I’m bringing a Greek salad, with my homemade lemon, olive oil and oregano dressing.

It’s supposed to be a spectacular day weather-wise so I’ll probably get roped into helping her with her yard work (which I don’t mind in the least.)


I’m also going to cut some flowers and put them on my Dad’s grave


I was in Kroger’s the other day . . . in the dairy section, when The Beatles’ Ticket to Ride came over the store speakers. I was groovin’ on it when I heard an older lady behind me just belt it out along with John, Paul, George and Ringo. I looked back, smiled and said, “Sing it, Sister!” She shrugged and smiled and said, “Might as well . . . can’t dance!”

Are you doing anything fun this Memorial Day weekend?

8 comments:

Sonya said...

We're having a big graduation party today. It's cloudy, so maybe everyone will have to stay inside if it rains, but that's okay. My family, his family, J's friends, all the worlds will collide.

Have a great weekend, Emma.

Anonymous said...

Does your husband get any holiday weekends off? Wasn't he away for Easter too? -blu

Anonymous said...

oh, I went to Target yesterday and bought my mom a b-day gift - I got her all matching garden tools with a bag, kneeling pad, sun hat, and gloves, gardening magazine - then I made a basket and wrapped it up in plastic - it looked really good. But anyway - I got kicked out of the store - twice I was asked to leave - because I had my six pound dog who is about the size of a kitten in the cart and they have a no dog policy, meanwhile where ever I go - people oohhh and ahhhh over my dog - he is so damn cute. I like to bring him shopping on weekends with me because he is left alone enough during the week, I hate leaving him home on weekends. I was annoyed, but I was nice about it and said, okay, can I just buy this stuff and go. He said yes, and then went on to explain that they have a small food court and it's a health code violation to have a dog in a store with a food court. I can understand that but still I couldn't help thinking, my dog is cleaner than some people and he was contained in the cart. On the way out, another lady stopped to make all gushie sounds over my dog and I said, well, we just got kicked out of Target and she said "Next time, go to Sears!". Ha! So anyway, Target is now crossed off the list, as my dog goes where ever I go on weekends. - blu

Brenda said...

working in the yard. going to a cookout. thats about it.

Gail said...

Not much. Daughter and husband are "supposed" to be coming over tomorrow and we're grilling ribs (we'll just have to see if they show up). The weather is wonderful today..hot, humid, but not windy-we've been sitting on the deck most of the day.

schell said...

Cleaned all day today, party tomorrow. Monday I might drive Keith's truck to Renee's and take her a rocking chair.

Clank Napper said...

We are going to Hastings tomorrow. Today we are preparing for the trip and lazing around.

I nearly always have the Beatles on in my car. They are so cool.

Anonymous said...

women who drag small dogs around with them seriously annoy the hell out of me. allan

PS: and the ones who "gush" all over the little cur annoy me even more!