Sunday, January 06, 2008

Vern Yip, Here's a Tip

Have any of you watched Vern Yip's Deserving Design? I like Vern, but his bedroom designs are SOOOOOOOOO impractical!

Of the two bedrooms he's done, one had about twelve glass orbs suspended over the bed with little tea lights in them. When lit they're pretty, but HOW do you light twelve tealights (get up on a ladder?) and WHY would you put twelve tealights on the ceiling when there are so many soft lighting options that would be better.

The other bedroom had a headboard where he incorporated the same type of evil tealights into wrought iron. This bed even had a cloth CANOPY. WTF, Vern? One of the tealights could go awry and FVOOOOMPH! . . .there goes the canopy up in flames.

I wanted to crack the Tealight Headboard Recipient lady in the head! She and her family lost "everything" in Katrina. When Vern did THE REVEAL she and her daughters jumped up and SCREAMED and HOWLED like stuck pigs, then she collapsed on the floor, then the bed then started bawling--mascara running down her face. GOOD LORD and pass the potatoes...Reign it in, Girls!!!
Anyway, Vern you are as cute as a bug with your lip gloss an' all...but, please no more tealights!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See Vern, he annoys me. Actually half the "new" folks on HGTV annoy me...it's like Sandra Lee became HGTV's new personell director or something. I mean tell me replace Joan Steffend with that Monica person isn't a Sandra lee-like decision???

Anonymous said...

gawd spare us, a Sandra Lee clone??? SOOO glad I don't watch that!
lol
4

Jenny Robin said...

your LARGE RED FONT makes it look like you're in danger and shouting for help.

Hey, you only have one bathroom. You ARE in danger!

Anonymous said...

11 YEAR OLD CARLY WALSH SAYS: COOLEST DESIGNER EEEEEEEEEEEEEVER! I THINK GOD WANTS ME TO BE A DESINER WHEN I GROW UP,DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME? I WANT TO REMODEL OUR CRAWL SPACE,AND I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT AS A MODERN KIND OF LOOK;ANY ADVICE ON THAT?