Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sticks and Stones
















Easiest candy you'll ever make:

2 packages Butterscotch morsels

1 can La Choy chow mein noodles

1 cup of cashews, rough chop

Melt the butterscotch either in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave. Take off the heat and stir in the noodles and chopped cashews until well mixed. Drop spoonfuls onto waxed paper or Reynolds No Stick Wrap and let cool. You can also refrigerate them.

They are terrific! I call them Sticks & Stones

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we do something like that with the kids at school we call puppy chow. you mix different chex cereals, peanuts, and pretzels with melted peanut butter and chocolate in a big pot and it all toss with powdered sugar then.

jilly

Clank Napper said...

If I could get my hands on those ingredients, I would make that recipe for sure.

Jenny Robin said...

Do you find that you have to break the noodles at all, or are they about the right size?

UrbanStarGazer said...

I hate butterscotch which is weird cuz I love butter. I love caramel though.

vq said...

Yum. My grandma made these and called them Chinese Cookies. Don't you bet the Chinese never even imagined such a thing?