Tuesday, August 14, 2007

At work

Talk about a work day that blows.

One co-worker got a call from her 13 year old cat's vet--he was doing surgery on the cat, found cancer and gave the choice of putting her down or letting my co-worker take her home for the few remaining days the cat would live.

Then at lunchtime one of my employees was in a car accident and her car was totaled. She just got a few scratches and a bruise. She didn't want to go to the hospital. I'm sure she'll be feeling it tomorrow.

Another employee was just plain nasty to everyone today. I finally told her "knock it off, or just go home!"

And I get home and I had to make dinner.

6 comments:

Jenny Robin said...

I'm so sorry for the kitty owner.

Bert Bananas said...

You mean you got home and were grateful to have two lovely men on whom to practice your culinary magic?

Brenda said...

bummer :(

Anonymous said...

the really rotten thing is that she probably had to still pay for the surgery and if the cat had to be put down, pay for that too. i had to pay for my cat to be fixed, even though i told the vet she was fixed, and they did it anyway and found out the cat had indeed been previously fixed. i wouldn't have bothered but the county i lived in previously had a law stating that cats and dogs had to be fixed, or you had to pay for an unaltered pet license.

i only hate cooking becasue then i have to do the dishes.

jilly

Brenda said...

where are you woman? way to quiet for my liking missy.

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Sheesh Jilly in our house the only way you can get out of cleaning up is if you are the cook :)