Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Holiday

I'm eating pistachios and thinking about The Holiday.


I think Kate Winslet is adorable. I didn't see (and will never see) The Titanic, but I've seen some other things she's been in and she's quite good. Her expression when she heard that her love Jasper was engaged to someone else is worth the whole movie. Her character's interaction with Eli Wallach's character is very sweet.


Cameron Diaz. Ugh. I like her better as Princess Fiona so I don't have to see her onscreen. I think her part could have been played by another actress and it would've been an even better movie. One thing that bugged me is that she was ready to leave Surrey (or "Suri" if you're a Cruise) after only one day--so what the hell was she going to do about Iris' dog!!? Just leave him in the house for two weeks?

I liked the little cameo of Dustin Hoffman at the video store.


Jack Black was good in this---less manic than his normal persona.


I think Jude Law is physically very pretty, and he played his part very well. He was quite charming in the scenes with the little girls who played his daughters. He has very beautiful lips and he kisses very well on screen. I understand he's a bit of a blob in real life, but "oh well."


Hasn't every woman had a motherfucking Jasper sometime in her life. The great part about this movie (and it is a romantic comedy after all) is that Iris finally woke up and told her Jasper to sod off.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love pistachios

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the Suri/ cameron comment

Anonymous said...

Oh yes i do, I thought you meant cameron didn;t want to leave suri cruise

Sonya said...

I thought the movie was too long.

Emma, did you see Winslet in Little Children? She did a very good job there. I like her a lot.

By the way, your comments are coming through on my blog. Not that there's anything good to see there right now.

Anonymous said...

Jude laws not a blob he;s a bit fit

UrbanStarGazer said...

What is a Jasper?

Jude Law's head is WAY too big for his body.

UrbanStarGazer said...

p.s. I can't stand Cameron Diaz.