Sunday, May 06, 2007

Queen at Kentucky Derby


Here's a picture of a smiling Queen Elizabeth taken at yesterday's Kentucky Derby, SPIDEY--for you. Another lovely hat, I must say. Is the Queen the only woman in 2007 who regularly wears hats? I've blogged about this before. I'm old enough to remember when women (my mother) never went to any event--or church--without a chappeau. My mother had lots of hats in hatboxes, now her favorite hat is a baseball cap with "NAVY" and the Navy's insignia on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i am happy to see she enjoyed herself. and prince phillip was there too. he was crammed in the stands with her.

The Broards said...

After being cramme din with commoners, wonder if they disinfected their Royal persons when they got back to their hotel suite?

Anonymous said...

oh i am sure they did.

Anonymous said...

there's picture?