Saturday, April 28, 2007

Thing up in the sky/paint colors

Something’s strange. I go outside to retrieve the morning paper and I see a ball yellow ball in the sky. What is this thing? Our skies have been dark, gloomy and grey for so long, I’m not sure what this yellow thing is, but it sure is pleasant.


I think I’ll make a deal with LP when he wakes up. I’ll happily mow the lawn later if he’ll clean up that disgusting room of his and launder his clothes. He’ll either take the deal or else he’ll have to clean up that disgusting room of his, launder his clothes, and mow the lawn.


I think I’ve told you that I’m trying to decide which colors to paint the living room. Tracee or Schell sure would come in handy around here. I’m stuck on choosing colors. But I’ll tell you, it’s been fun. I’ve discovered that Menard’s has the coolest display ever: Pittsburgh paints and little sample pots I can buy for $2.98 each. I think I’ve brought home seven of those pots so far. I primed an area on the wall and have so many paint swatches up there. Haha. BP just rolls his eyes.

Here’s the progression:
1. I thought three walls would go a deep sand/taupe color and an accent wall wold be spice/curry/pumpkiny

2. Three walls would be a lemony/goldy with the accent wall a teal/baby blueish color.

3. Three walls would be a taupe/corn silk with the accent wall a sagey green color.

It’s amazing to me that there are so many variations of the three primary colors. It boggles the mind.

That’s all for now.

16 comments:

schell said...

What color is your flooring? Your furniture? Personally, I love a pumpkin accent wall, but I would probably put it with the taupe/cornsilk walls.
I'm not normally a blue person, but I'm liking the slate-y teals out now, and I'm actually thinking of doing my bedroom in those colors.

Anonymous said...

i am leaning toward #3. I think after a while I would tire of the pumpkin although it would definetly be appealing.

Bert Bananas said...

What color are your bras?

Anonymous said...

I like 1, if you paint it 3 you need never worry about me dropping by if I win the lottery and decide to visit my american chums I fucking hate green

Anonymous said...

accent walls? lord i'm boring. i picked out a pretty light yellow to paint the baby's room called "light daffodil" and decided to put a blue stripe if it's a boy and blue curtains. if it's a girl, i'll just get some pink and purple and be done with it.

jilly

Anonymous said...

are you asking me, bert or emma?

Anonymous said...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Japanese-fooled-in-poodle-scam/2007/04/26/1177459875122.html

Bert Bananas said...

Spidey, since you sent me those photos, why would I need to ask you?

Roger said...

No. 2.

P.S. - My former partner said I had the worst color-sense of any human being she had ever met.

R

Sonya said...

Teal would get old real fast.

Clank Napper said...

I'm a "Paint it all magnolia" girl.

Anonymous said...

I like #1. I also like that blue, but not with that yellow. I'd like it better with white or that deep sand color. I think reds are being replaced with oranges and neutrals with metallics and pinks and purples.
There arent too many things I like better than picking through paint chips and imagining the fantastic life I'd have in each color.
-T

Anonymous said...

I sure hope my computer is misreading colors...because Emma's sagey green looks rather florescent to me. Of those combinations the only one I even like is the first one.

Anonymous said...

The colors that I picked on the computer were just the colors avaiable to me via blogger---not the real paint chips



---emma

schell said...

Okay, don't answer my questions.

Anonymous said...

Thank god.