Monday, March 05, 2007

Rats/Hunger/ and Robins

Random thoughts:


1. I saw this headline on cnn.com: “Rats chew off baby’s nose”
Who wants to read that crap? Not me.

2. Is there a bigger turd on TV than Tucker Carlson?

3. I had an 11 am meeting with my boss. He talked and talked and talked some more. It was noon. I was hungry. I tend to get mean when I’m hungry (shocker, I know.) I wanted him to shut up so I could go & have lunch. He said something I’m sure he thought was quite insightful, and then looked at me for affirmation, or something, and I gave him that Jim from The Office Look—you know that head tilt and semi shoulder shrug. So he shut up and I went to lunch. I ate a hamburger with jalapenos and banana peppers, half order of fat crinkle fries, and a Dasani water. When I partake of bottled water I hear Verb whisper to me that “bottled water is the biggest con perpetrated on the American public,” but I enjoyed it anyway. I also had a Reese’s Peanut butter cup, and felt better.

4. After all this horrible weather—the snow, ice, salt and rain—I finally ran the car through the car wash and, boy, does it look spiffy.

5. For dinner we had homemade tacos, then I drove LP to the video store and he rented Flyboys and that Robin Williams’ Man of the Year. What was Robin Williams’ last good movie? I can’t think of any I’ve enjoyed since Dead Poet’s Society. Most of his stuff is true crap. Sorry, Robin.

6. I know a real life man named Robin. I always thought of Robin as a girl’s name. I wonder if boy-Robins feel emasculated. My Mom said that Meredith used to be a man’s name, but in this day and age Merediths are women. Wonder when that switch happened. I know a man Gale, and a woman Gail.
I know a man Gene and a woman Jean.
I know a man Lou and a woman Lulu (besides you, Lubbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeee)



14 comments:

UrbanStarGazer said...

Carole and Carol

Anonymous said...

robin over here is boys name I hate it as a girls name , ie christopher Robin

Clank Napper said...

I have a male cousin called Robin.He's vile.

I don't know any women called Robin.

schell said...

My dad's name is Gale.

Brenda said...

how about chris, francis, shawn or sean, jamie? i have known both male and females with these names.

vq said...

A name I've always disliked, for a male or female, is Terry/Teri/Terri.

Anonymous said...

I have a cousin called terry,he;s a butcher and property developer and not a nice man

Roger said...

The Robin I know stiffed me for $25K. It's a woman.

My middle name is the gender non-specific "Dana." That used to bother me.

R

Bert Bananas said...

Bigger turds on TV than Tucker Carlson:

Bill Mahr

Alan Combs

Larry King

Geraldo Rivera

Is Al Franken on anywhere?

Chris Matthews

James Carville

There's more, but I don't work well when I'd rather be peeing...

UrbanStarGazer said...

I know a male and female Robin and they're both icky.

Anonymous said...

Funny, Bert's wrong about all those people he mentioned. Who woulda thunk it?

---
emma

Bert Bananas said...

Emma, one man's turd is another woman's cigar.

The Broards said...

. . or banana

Bert Bananas said...

What a dinner party it's going to be when Tree hosts us all !!