Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Doc/Vet

Yesterday was a busy one.

I worked until noon, then took LP to the doctor's office. He's been having sinus headaches and I wanted to make sure he didn't have an infection. He doesn't. The doctor said I could give him a Sinutab or a over-the-counter Claritin every day. I don't/won't do this. He doesn't have trouble every day, so why medicate him every day? I should have saved the 50 bucks.

Then I took Nesta (who I call Miss Kiki Marie more than I call her Nesta) to the vet's to get her annual rabies shot. She HATES that carrier and wails all the way to the doc's office. I talked and cooed to her. This cat never meows/wails unless she's in that carrier. Poor kitty. Doc says she's healthy and fully grown at seven pounds. He said "Some cats are fat; some are skinny." Hm. Words of wisdom. It was the fastest vet visit ever. We were in and out of there in under ten minutes--and that includes the time it took me to write a check! Miss Kiki Marie was glad when we returned home, and promptly ran into LP's room and up on his bed.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

next time Nesta is in the carrier bring a towel or something to throw over it. It will create a cave, and she should yowl less. That's what we did when we moved from Oklahoma to Arkansas.

Anonymous said...

Miss Kiki Marie...calling your cat cute names is a sure sign you've fallen in love. :)

Anonymous said...

have her put down she wont yowl at all on the way back

Jenny Robin said...

who in the hell still writes checks?

i call my kitty gracie garcie poo poo, among other things

Jenny Robin said...

who in the hell still writes checks?

i call my kitty gracie garcie poo poo, among other things

Anonymous said...

you are grown people for fucks sake stop calling the bastard animals Kittys ::: puke puke puke:::

The Broards said...

I still write checks and will do so until they pry the pen frommy cold, dead fingers. I don't like ATMs, I don't like debit cards. I don't pay bills online. I use postage stamps and I buy pretty checks and I use them

Anonymous said...

Ha ha Mum.

I'm going to try that toy you bought Nesta.

Most cats don't really get fat until they get a bit older and lazier, kind of like people.

- blu

Sonya said...

I pay all my bills online and every time I think to myself, "I am so lucky to live in a computer age."

UrbanStarGazer said...

I call my animals all sorts of strange name. Currently Jack is "Mr. Poopy Pants" - for no particular reason, and Scout is "Little Miss Cha-Cha Bean".

This has probably been explained at some point but, why does Nesta sleep on the porch when she's allowed in the house during the day?

The Broards said...

Urban, I'm tired of explaining Nesta's sleeping arrangements. It works for her, it works for me. Case closed.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Sheesh . . . sorry I asked, bitch.