Saturday, March 31, 2007

Larry Bud/Mowing/Prechopped garlic





If you’re a fan of the old David Letterman show on NBC, you’ll be sad to hear that Larry “Bud” Melman aka Calvert DeForest died a few days ago. He was very funny and I read that he really enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame on the Letterman show.

I cleaned and rearranged the living room and my computer desk yesterday. Today it’s on to my bill paying desk. It’s a mess.

It’s getting ready to pour here today. Today and tomorrow in fact. My neighbors on either side, and the ones across the street have already mowed their lawns! I refuse to mow in MARCH. In fact, I was out on the porch yesterday when I saw the nice neighbor, Bill, mowing. I waved my arms and he stopped. “IT’S TOO EARLY TO MOW!!! IT’S MARCH!!”
He laughed, “But it’s supposed to rain all weekend! I want to get it done.”
Me: “Phewtttttt!”

I didn’t make any coffee this morning, and I could really use some caffeine.

My daffodils and hyacinths look spectacular, I must say.

When I was cleaning my computer area I found a five bucks Starbucks card. I put it in my wallet but I don’t really care for their coffee, it’s too strong and bitter.

Schell, have you ever seen Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller? She looks like you. I don’t like her show, because she uses PRECHOPPED, JARRED GARLIC! No matter how pressed for time someone is, there is always time to chop a freaking clove of garlic! That prechopped stuff is crap and tastes like chemicals.
Same thing with that know-nothing, big-breasted Barbie doll Sandra Lee. I hate her. She uses lemon juice from a bottle! Good God . . is nothing scared? If you have a cooking show . . . . squeeze a real fucking lemon!
Anyway, while I deplore her methods, Robin Miller reminds me of Schell.

4 comments:

Jenny Robin said...

I have an autograhed copy of Robin Miller's new cookbook. I picked it up at my conference a couple weeks ago.

The Broards said...

put your hands under cold running water while rubbing them with a stainless steel spoon. It will take away the garlic odor

schell said...

As I said in my email to you, she has very creepy eyes. And, I buy the prechopped, refrigerated garlic. You'll probably never speak to me again.

Anonymous said...

I buy it too, Schell. There are days when I am too tired to be trusted to cut up garlic (Most days I really shouldn't be trusted with a knofe anyway. I buy the whole too. Better to use the pre-chopped garlic than to use none.