Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Back from Flo

Here are some Headlines:

--Weather was beautiful.

--Rosen Shingle Creek is a beautiful facility. They have a cool 1.25 mile Nature Trail and we saw heron and egrets and snakes, oh my. I felt just like Toohot hiking the Applachian (sp) Trail!

--My room had a whirlpool spa tub. It would have helped Schell's back.

--I heard/met/saw Frank McCourt!! He's bright, witty and funny. He spoke about his 26 years teaching in the NYC school system. We all received copies of his Teacher Man book. He has a children's book coming out in October. "My publisher suggested that I write a children's book. I said why not. It can't be that hard. (he rolls his eyes) Even Madonna's written a children's book, by God."

--During my five day stay I consumed 2 glasses of red wine, one glass of white wine, one cosmopolitan and one bloody Mary, which is more alcohol than I've had in all of 2006 combined. While I got the wine for free, the cost of the last two drinks cost more than the GNP of several small countries.

--I do NOT want to go to work today and do travel reimbursement papers. It's a bunch of tedious shit.

--I was not on or near a computer for five days, and I enjoyed it.

--Clanky is a two faced British Ho. On my blog she said she'd miss me more that Meme, and on Meme's blog she said the opposite. Mean, mean, mean!!

10 comments:

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

good to have you back Emma

Anonymous said...

We did have the most excellent weather while you were here. Glad you had fun. Lu

Sonya said...

You CAN go home again!

Anonymous said...

welcome back emma! i missed you lots.

Waltzing Matilda said...

I wish my job would send me some place cool for five days.

Clank Napper said...

Oooooh! A British Ho! What a fab name.

And, tonight, for one night only...I'm American.(See my blog) So please could I be renamed American Ho?

Thanks :oD

p.s. Did you bring me back Don Johnson from Miami Vice?

schell said...

Welcome back, Emma. I missed you.

Bert Bananas said...

I still this image of Emma flat on her back... And I can't remember whom to blame.

Clank Napper said...

"Bert said...
She's probably flat on her back with a tingling in her hips...
3/27/2007 08:24:00 PM"



That would be you then.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Welcome back.

The comment about Don Johnson made me think of that guy that was on Miami Vice with him. I remember reading an interview with him where he said that he thought he was the greatest actor of all time and how he was on the EGO plan. EGO stood for Emmy, Grammy, Oscar. He was planning on winning an Emmy for Miami Vice and then going on to win a Grammy for music and then on to movies and an Oscar.

Whatever happened to that guy?