Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

We had a good time at my sister’s yesterday. After we ate and cleaned up the kitchen some of us went for a walk while the others played poker. The weather was absolutely gorgeous this Thanksgiving.

I got my assed chewed when we came home and it was discovered that I had forgotten our share of the leftover turkey and stuffing. Hey, I remembered the pecan pie and the godawful apple salad crap that one of my younger sister made. There’s always leftover apple salad. Wonder why? So we had to have mac and cheese for dinner that evening. Too bad so sad.

Today, since Tracee didn’t invite me to fart-shop with her, I didn’t go to any of the BIG sales. But at 10 this morning BP made me go to Harbor Freight, Lowe’s and Menard’s with him. Yeah, boy—that’s some good shopping! We also stopped at Circuit City for something in their flyer and surprise, surprise, they were out.

Tomorrow we’re going to my mother-in-law’s for yet another Thanksgiving. I really just want to stay home and do nothing, but I don’t see that happening.
Christmas season isn’t officially here because I haven’t yet heard Christmas music on my favorite radio station. I’ll alert you when that happens.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

my favorite radio station has been playing christmas tunes since nov. 10th. i like it. it brought me comfort listening to the old tunes driving home in the dark all alone when big joe was in the hospital.

Catz said...

my favorite station's been playing christmas music since nov. 15th.

UrbanStarGazer said...

We have a local station here that starts playing nothing but xmas music beginning on Thanksgiving so, I've been listening for a few days now.

UrbanStarGazer said...

How come noone tells your sister that noone likes the apple salad and to bring something else? That's how it would go down in my fam.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm mac and cheese

The Broards said...

Urban,
She wouldn't listen--she loves that apple salad crap