Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Madness Has Begun

I only worked half day today. After lunch at a Thai place, BP and I went to Sam's for lemons, feta cheese and a hostess gift for his mom. We're having Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's with my family on Thursday and with BP's side at his mom's house on Saturday. The place was busy! Then we went to Meijer's for the rest of the things on my list. I was going to make Urban's basil and pesto thingy but then read that I needed a food processor. Unfortunately I don't have a food processor. It's an electronic like a dishwasher--and I don't have one of those either.

I'm making that hot artichoke and spinach dip that BP, my sisters and my brothers in law love. Also an orzo salad served in lemon cups--a recipe that I found on the foodtv site. I like all the ingredients and serving it in hollowed out lemons will look pretty. I''m also making a simple Nigella Lawson appetizer: cubed fresh feta, drizzled with good olive oil and lemon zest and sprinkled with dried oregano. What could be simpler and more delicious.

Meijer's was packed-a-roni but they had almost all the lanes opened and operating! Love it!

Tomorrow I'm staying home and getting things ready for Thursday. LP has school, so I'll have to drag my ass out of bed anyway to take him to school. I might treat myself to Panera coffee and a bagel . . . and bring it home for breakfast in bed with BP.

I also have to remember to go to the credit union because I need cash for the weekend. So note to self: Go to the Credit Union before 4:00pm!!! I also have to wrap the gifts for my sister's three kids. They always go skiing Christmas week so I want to make sure they have their gifts before they go.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for the surprise! :)
have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

why did she send you a uprise where's my suprise I bet she sent clank a suprise too,

The Broards said...

Mems, I sent Pete Doherty to Spidey as a surprise. I figure that she was caring for Big Joe while he recuperated, so she wouldn't mind one more fragile body.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Doh! You can use a store bought pesto!