Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Films I’ll watch over and over:


All That Heaven Allows--My favorite

Hannah & Her Sisters--Woody Allen at his best, before he turned perv. Michael Caine is lovely

East of Eden--Julie Harris is almost as fun to watch as James Dean

Maltese Falcon--Bogie. 'nuff said.

Young Frankenstein--it's Fraankenstein

Waiting for Guffman--Makes me smile just thinking about it

Best in Show--Ditto. I like the way Christopher Guest looks like his bloodhound

The Ghost & Mrs Muir--Escapism

Hud--Paul Newman shirtless. Oh my

12 Angry Men--Just great

Double Indemnity--Barbara Stanwyck is such a ballsy dame

Amelie--Audrey Tatou is just adorable

Broadcast News--Albert Brooks' flop sweat

To Sir With Love--Sidney Portier personifies elegance

The King of Comedy--Only Jerry Lewis film I'll watch. Rupert Pupkin's basement talk shows are genius

Murphy’s Romance--I really really like Sally Field in this one, and who wouldn't fall in love with James Garner?

Lost in America--Albert Brooks again.

Local Hero--This is such a wonderful fantasy film. Love the locations.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid--"The fall alone will kill you!"

Defending Your Life--Another Albert Brooks, this time with the wonderful Meryl Streep

Pillow Talk--Rock and Doris, but Tony Randall steals the show

Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner--I like Katharine and Spencer together onscreen.

Autumn Leaves--It's so bad that's it's good. Joan Crawford in a swimsuit and it still looks like she is wearing shoulder pads

Mildred Pierce--Joan Crawford again

White Christmas--I love Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen together. I'm always amazed by Vera Ellen's waist size. It's got to be less than 12 inches!

Moonstruck--I love Cher. I love Nicolas Cage, but watch it for Olympia Dukakis

North By Northwest--Cary Grant being in danger but still debonair. What actor today is debonair? Name one!

On the Town--Love the songs.

Disney’s Beauty and the Beast--One of my top two all time favorite animated movies, plus Angela Lansbury plays a teapot!

Pixar’s Toy Story--The other of my favorite top two all time favorite animated movies.

Funny Girl--It's all about Barbra. Swoon.

Annie Hall--It made me love Diane Keaton, and I still do.

A Place in the Sun--Everyone is beautiful in Black and White--even Shelley Winters

Giant--Rock. James Dean. Elizabeth Taylor.

The Quiet Man--Schmaltzy but fun.

The Player--My favorite Robert Altman film, and Tim Robbins is just so good.

The Sound of Music--Christopher Plummer is wonderful in this, plus I love the opening shot1

Electric Horseman--Jane Fonda and Robert Redford,throw in some Willie Nelson and go.

Coming Home--Is this the only war film I love? Yeah.

To Kill a Mockingbird--Peck as Atticus Finch. That's all.

The African Queen--Bogie with leeches, looking dirty and druck. What's not to love?

A Star is Born--Babs and the yummy looking Kris Kristofferson. "The black black widow is sitting in the middle of the web it's the fly she seeks..'

The Way We Were--"Hubble? Hubble Gardener?" It's the final scene that does it for me...the way Babs smoothes Redford's hair. I like second banana actor Herb Edelman in this too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a gay man aren;t you

The Broards said...

HA! gay man trapped in a middle aged straight woman's body

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have only seen seven of these, but loved the ones I have seen.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I've seen most of them. Didn't like Giant. There was something else I was going to say but . . . can't remember what it was. Heh.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.