Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blue in a Red

Last night I sent an email to this dude who is running for my State representative. Last time he ran I gave money to his campaign and supported him. Some upstart dude beat him because he (Upstart Dude) ran a very vicious negative campaign.

I was all set to vote for My Guy this Tuesday, until I heard his new radio commercial. In it he tells about his background and qualifications which was good but then at the end he spouts off about being “Pro Life” and that he shares “Hoosier Values.” Excuse me? He doesn’t bother to add that although he’s pro life he’ll vote, if necessary, Pro Choice so a woman can keep her reproductive rights. So if he didn’t add that I must assume he won’t. That’s what I emailed him about.

That’s a deal breaker for me. I won’t vote for Upstart Dude, but I’m not voting for My Guy cause he isn’t my guy no ‘mo. It’s hard being Blue in a Red State.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are hoosier values?

In Ohio, they preach about "buckeye values"

Are the two the same, I wonder.

The Broards said...

Britters,,
I think it's newspeak for Motherhood and apple pie. And, of course, liberals are against that!~

Anonymous said...

Applehood and Mother Pie?

I wanna get me some!

Anonymous said...

It's been Arkansas Values here...must be some Republican talking point thing..because it's our Rep gov candidate who keeps saying it...