Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pretty Ugly

It’s Sunday. BP’s away, LP’s asleep on the couch, and Nesta’s been put on the back porch because she was climbing and almost knocked over a priceless relic I inherited from my dead Aunt Dorothy. It’s actually a huge, old, strange coffee table ashtray from the 60’s or 70’s. It’s one of those things that I can’t decide if it’s pretty or ugly. Of course we don’t use it as an ashtray. BP smokes, but he’s nice enough to only do it on the porch or in the basement. It’s an “object dee art,” as Roseann once called something on her TV show.













That's the lighter in the top left corner. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, that's hideous. If I were in your family, I'd let the cat climb all over it in hopes it would be broken!

Brenda said...

wow.. lots of people could smoke at the same time! look at all those butt holders.

Meme said...

,Its the fucking ugliest thing I;ve seen since my husband lent over while he was naked last night and picked something off the floor

Anonymous said...

I love it.
-Pork

schell said...

Do you have any idea how many of those we had around our house growing up? And, I'm talking the ashtray, not Mum's husband's naked butt.

Beanns37 said...

Omg, my parents had something like this when I was a kid, horrible flashback, that... shudder...

UrbanStarGazer said...

ick